Notices

Day 3. Dealing with emotional relapse.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3. Dealing with emotional relapse.

So I'm back on day 3. I truly hope this will be my last *start* at sobriety.

I've had 6 months sobriety 2 years ago...and started drinking again. That led me on a twisting path back to rehab.

Did the rehab...was ok during it. Came home was 54 days sober total (rehab and back at home.)

Thought was feeling great...time for drinking experiment. Which seemed ok for a bit...couple of weeks into that resulted in being sent home work 2 times for being under the influence.

That snapped me back reality for a bit...or so it seemed. Had resolve to stay sober again...made it a month sober. AGAIN fooled myself into experimenting with booze again. Thought ok...drink after work..and you won't get reprimanded.

So drank for 3 evenings after work. And it led me to the hospital on Thursday for public intoxication. Not to mention about 3 hours of blackout.

I'm 60 hours sober again. And you'd think id be scared straight now.

I've been scared before. I've been yelled at before. I've promised all sort of things to stop drinking. And I'm successful to a point.

But it doesn't seem to last. I'm glad I'm back. I'm sorry I left.

I'm trying a different approach now. I'm giving this problem over to GOD now.

It's not something I can handle. I've proven that over and over.

Thanks for listening SR. I'm staying sober today. I actually prayed this morning, which I've not been open to before.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You can finally turn this corner and make it happen!!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAY! I'm glad you are back here. We need you! Glad you are getting the care you need.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Findingtheway,

What did you do for 6 months 2 years ago? Maybe try a similar version, but with added new components. Given what you just said are gong to do... Have you worked the AA program before, or similar? I think that's what I would do in your situation and with your current mindset. Do it intensively! Get into it NOW. I think most people who like to use their faith and the help of a HP still say they need to launch into hardcore action and do their part to make it work.

That relapse story and the hospitalization does sound scary, you may not want to repeat it!

Best wishes
Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here FindingtheWay - I think turning to God & praying that He strengthen us & lead us through this is HUGE....admitting that we are powerless over the alcohol & taking it one day at a time. You can do this FTW! Be kind to yourself