Notices

1.75 a day

Old 10-04-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by younganddumb View Post
Well I called the local clinic in my area today and scheduled a physical. This will get me in the door to seeing a doctor and once I'm there I will come clean about my drinking patterns and desire toquit - this cycle has gone on far too long and I'm really getting sick of it,and I know my body is too. I have my appt. scheduled for Monday 5PM - will the dioctor care if I show up half-drunk already? Seeing as I drink almost every hour of the day it's hard for me to be completely sober at any given time. I drive while drinking most every day and have been lucky up to this point - no DUI or legal trouble, but I know this could change in an instant. I could get a friend to take me to the appointment so the doctor will know I am not driving drunk. Sorry about these weird questions I just have anxiety about a lot of different **** and I"m pretty toasted right now as it is.
I think your plan is sound. Don't drive until then, have a friend take you. I was in about the same place with my drinking but I'm ten years older than you, drank hard for 25 years. While I was still going to work and stuff I could feel in my bones that booze was tearing up my body. I honestly think if I hadn't quit I'd either be dead by now or in pretty bad shape.