Notices

Update on School issues

Old 10-03-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on School issues

OK, I am home for the weekend with goodness and bad news.
The good news is I can withdraw under an "administrative withdrawal" which will not show up on my transcripts if I choose later to attend another school or come back to where i am.

The dean is going to speak with the other instructor ( per the instructors concern) regarding other assignment options on rainy days that I cant get to class. That is hopefully to happen today about 3 pm central time.

Now the bad news the dean has been running into issues after issues where my job opportunity and dorm come into play.

1st they don't have any work study options open they have all been filled and there is a waiting list. Next they wont, cant or don't want to allow the disabled rep job to be an option for the dorm payment - there's not enough funds to support it.

And the transportation is even running into snags because she is unable to find avenues for that . I am having applications being sent which will take time as well so its hurry up - wait. ( isnt that always how it is?)

The last thing she said was and its something I kinda agree with maybe donnelly isnt the right school for you at this time (if at all) and there may be more options for you else where. So I will be possibly looking for other learning opportunities.

Why do I feel bad that the one thing I kinda wanted to happen starting to happen???
Old 10-03-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Lea sorry to hear that but as the saying goes.....

where 1 door closes another opens

Wishing you all the luck in the world Lea !
Old 10-03-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lea,

I'm sorry that this isn't going smoothly for you.

I hope that you will find a solution and a school that works for you.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anna thanks, I love the picture of the book lover, where did you find it,,, its so cool.