Notices

Starting to feel...off?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hello CG?
Those feelings are not unusual in early recovery. As the booze slowly clears away from your system, the sanity & normal regular thinking will be "restored". There's a line in the 12x 12 that says if I'm disturbed, then there's something wrong w/ me inside. So in a way your post applies to me too. For eg there are things people do in mtgs just down right annoy me to sometimes where I'd rather walk out than sit thru it:slurping up coffee, chewing gum & smacking, chit chat btwn 2 people, tearing the label off coffee cup the whole mtg!? Ughh-this 1 so far wins prize & could go on. Know for some people this may not be an issue to them but for me it is. & my prayer is that it stop being so coz people are going to be people & since I can't change them, I need to do my own changing.
Read later in quiet time that something needs to die in me. It's gonna take work & some time. Hope you cont feeling better

Last edited by Dee74; 10-03-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Just as a physiology note: stress hormones (cortisol) peak in the early morning, usually around the time you awake. It's totally normal to wake up feeling stressed. If you can hang in there for a half hour, it seems to go away - take a shower, take a walk. Then late in the afternoon it peaks again. A good nutrition plan and regular moderate exercise will go a long way toward balancing your hormone levels (including cortisol).
I learned something new!!! It did go away after I got off my rear and started doing stuff
Old 10-03-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Omg Jupiter, way to hang in there. I hope things get better for you.
Thank all of you for taking the time out to help me out. I'm out of the dirt mood and now I can express gratitude from my heart again. A little muscle work, a little farm work, some art, some meditation and coming back to read all of your posts....I'm grateful for all of that and more! Back up the roller coaster I go!!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Still early days, it's all going to take time!!

Hang in there!!