Notices

I hate weekends!!

Old 10-05-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlexEmk View Post
Saturday night is OVER! Still sober... I lived with some frustrations, of course, but I still had a great time! I was with some friends that drinks but was ok with the fact that I sipped on sparkling lemon water all night and didn't ask even one question about it!

The AV tried a little manipulations, but being aware of the lies he's constantly saying makes it easier to deal with and to shut him up (thanks to this message board for teaching me what this AV really is!)

So proud and happy this morning!!

And sleeping only 5hrs and still being ''fonctional'' with my kids is PRICELESS!
Way to go Alex!!!
Happy productive Sunday to you!
Old 10-05-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great job Alex, I'm proud of you. I stayed in, except for gym, all day. Turned down watching football with the guys...not nearly ready for that. Feeling great today though. I look forward to these sobriety efforts showing up in my workouts. That's a big incentive for me.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Great job Alex, I'm proud of you. I stayed in, except for gym, all day. Turned down watching football with the guys...not nearly ready for that. Feeling great today though. I look forward to these sobriety efforts showing up in my workouts. That's a big incentive for me.
Took me exactly 15 days before feeling anything special in my training... but I definitely felt different and much more endurance yesturday morning!! Too bad that winter is around the corner and I need to wait 5 months before running outside again!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

... and thank you all for your nice words!!

Strangly, it's today (sunday afternoon) that I had an intense desire to drink!! I was at the grocery store and the beer section was screaming my name... it was really intense! I paid my sushy rack and my greek salad and I went outside super fast!!

it's impossible to tell when that desire to drink will strike! I thought it was going to be saturday night, but no! not at all... and to be honest, it was even FUN to watch people drink, to hear the conversations flying around and to notice, has the night was going by, that the conversations where more more chaotic!! LOL! damn alcohol!