Notices

Failed again

Old 10-02-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Failed again

Back to day 1. At least it's confirmed how much I want to do this. I have a headache, upset tummy and it wasn't enjoyable and didn't solve any of my problems! Stress got the better of me. I guess old habits die hard. Anyway off to friends tonight for girlie night in, will be driving and taking non-alcoholic drink with me. Really need to get a grip
Old 10-02-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Mavis. Re-commiting is a big step- good for you.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mavis it took 3 months from me admitting i was an alcoholic to getting to day 446 today

i was in a bad bad way before i finally stopped

Mavis you can do this theres a song called inner ninja by classified i think you should youtube and have a listen or starting over by macklemore !!

big hugs need my anti x factor pal 3 days of simon cowell Mavis helllllp lol

good luck Mavis you know you can do it
Old 10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Starting over by Macklemore is a great song
Old 10-02-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you will listen to those songs later. Soberwolf we can get through this - we did it last weekend and can do it again LOL
Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think success lies in two main things Mavis - finding enough support, and using that support when you need to, before you drink; and two - making the necessary changes in your life to back up your commitment to being sober.

If stress is a problem why not look into other healthier ways to beat that stress?

D
Old 10-02-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I only have my husband for support and he's so laid back and doesn't seem to think I've got a big problem. I have a hypno cd for stress which I've been using, I suffer from depression though and there are always going to be bad days. I'm hoping when my foot is fully recovered that I will be able to start exercising which will help. Also thinking about yoga
Old 10-02-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Mavis,

Up you get, dust yourself off and start over again.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
One day at a time

Glad you are here and doing what you need to help yourself and join us again your stronger than you know!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One day at a time

And omg my bf is so laid back too !!! He dosent care if I quit don't quit it's kind of annoying don't we wish someone would do the work for us! Nope we have to do it! Lol I did make him hide my stuff the other day it seems to be working so far! Much love!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go at things again, but figuring out how to deal with life without alcohol is gonna need some work!!

You can do this!!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Go at things again, but figuring out how to deal with life without alcohol is gonna need some work!!

You can do this!!
this
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Soberwolf,

I listened to Inner Ninja. Love it. Makes me want to dance my power! A very happy song. Thank you, I'm adding it to my playlist.

Mavis -

I also have people around me that don't consider that I have a problem with alcohol; there is no one in my life who I find myself accountable to for sobriety.

Because of this, I found that I am only successfully sober when attending AA. Don't know if you've tried it. There are aspects of it that aren't ideal for me, but the idea of a sober community, of people who hug me when I'm struggling and hug me when I'm succeeding, and to whom I am publicly accountable makes all the difference for me in maintaining sobriety. If I were just trying it on my own, at home, I know (from experience) that I would drop it, like a thousand other "self-improvement schemes" - wait, wasn't I all afire to be gluten free? remember when I was a vegan? how about the Insanity video workouts?

But getting sober isn't just a "self-improvement scheme" for me. I've come to understand that it is life and death, as I've seen my progress into alcoholism. This last time I relapsed, I had my first blackout. I know some folks on here have had many, and yes - at home, drinking wine - there are a lot of watched movies that I don't really remember, but this was a full on black out, out in public, talking and moving and fighting with my man. No memory of any of it. This frightened me profoundly - I've read stories on here of people driving in that state, or arguing in a blackout frenzy and stabbing a loved one. I cannot allow the risk of being fully out of my own control. And that's a little more dire than my having flat abs or organized paperwork (as examples of "self-improvement goals").

So, I had to go all in. And AA has provided the framework for that and the community that cares. I love this website and spend hours on here, but - in the end - I could walk away and just never post again, and no one would bang on the door of my house to see if I'm ok. I need people in my town to care that I'm sober. That's my experience, and - of course - we all find our own path, but when I see your happy little fairy avatar & read your postings, I have this feeling inside that you really, really want this.

Go to any lengths, Mavis!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think success lies in two main things Mavis - finding enough support, and using that support when you need to, before you drink; and two - making the necessary changes in your life to back up your commitment to being sober.

If stress is a problem why not look into other healthier ways to beat that stress?

D
this
Old 10-03-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee's comments are great.

You need to find and use the support you have before you drink.

And, important, you need to make changes in your life that work with a new sober life.

I'm glad you're back, Mavis!