Notices

Ok come here.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Soberclover - this thread was not a shot at SR. Just what my observation is while I try to relate to the posts I read.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have been sober for a good while now--enough that I don't struggle so hard with the AV anymore. But to me "getting sober" has been about much more than just stopping drinking--it's been a journey of emotional and spiritual growth. The people at SR have been a valuable sounding board as I muddle along and try to grow. I depend on this place!

And I love it! I tend to hang around the monthly threads and the One Year and Under Thread.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm still here, Raider. Maybe not as often as when my AV screamed at me everyday. But I am still here.

After being with SR for 14 months, I just this week discovered the thread for the "Class of August 2013" of which I am a part. I learned that many of the people that I remember from the early days hang out there too, and not just here in the Newcomers section. I didn't realize that people still post, on a daily basis, to these threads. I mentioned that for me, it was like I have been going to the same shopping mall for 14 months and only going in one of the 57 stores. Finding this "new" thread for me was like discovering an additional 30 stores at my favorite shopping mall

So, if you are looking for some of your pals from the early days, that is a good place to look.

Otherwise, understand that while some of us may have less to say (and maybe you have less to say too - which could be a good thing if it means you are struggling less), we are still here. And we still look forward to hearing from you - as often as you are able to post.

You have a LOT of people here who still see you as one of the main faces of SR. And for that we are grateful.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Pam
Thee and me joined at the same time and we are still here.
I like that, and can't think of one good reason why we should go.
My head has told me a few times that 'i'm different' 'have nothing to say' 'don't belong here' 'it's bad for your sobriety' 'not good enough, not bad enough, not clever enough' blah,blah,blah...
I listen to it when it speaks to me quietly and calmly saying 'this is helping you mister. It's a good thing. You don't need to turn your back on good and healthy things today'.
How about we stick around and just for a change be stayers.......
G
Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

there are only a few members still on here when, I first joined almost ten years ago.

After you're sober for a good long time, it's a way of life and the only time I talk about drinking is at a meeting or an occassional post in the AA 12 step group or to give my ESH on the new commer's site on here.

I didn't get sober to not enjoy life
Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
nmd

I think like a most people, I came here out of selfish reasons - to get help. I certainly didn't go to google looking for "how to help other addicts." I was probably searching for "how do I know if i'm an alcoholic" or "is 40 drinks a week too much" or any number of other silly questions I could have answered myself if I was honest. But it's a journey and I've met people along the way and collectively we try to figure out what it is that we want in life. It's certainly meant a lot more to me than "quitting drinking". It's been fun, life changing and I have to say I really care for the people here. It's sad to see some people go, but they move on for various reasons already mentioned. I don't know what long term sobriety will be like yet, I'm not even close and I still need SR.

The number of new users does seem like it is fairly high, probably a reflection of how widespread technology has become, and how big the need is.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was one who came and left, and the reason I left was because I thought i had "beat" my alcoholism. We all know the outcome, so fortunately I was able to make it back and right the ship. I've not been here nearly as long as some of the senior members, but I have definitely seen my share of people who come and go, or just go. The statistics don't lie, there are more people who don't beat their addiction than there are those who do, regardless of their treatment plan/method.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Think i've been here about three years now,
sure people come and go and i think of quite a few of them often and hope they are ok . I'm sure some come back and read ((hello)) and will be back when the time is right , i hope and pray they don't run out of time .

I come here to help remind myself and to see some good people with wisdom and compassion in action .

Maybe it's time to edit and focus on what you read R ? if it's getting to you … the world is a glorious and wonderful place , i personally see that in action on SR, thats why i come back

Take care , m
Old 10-02-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Pam
I remember you and am glad you are still around I know what you mean. I joined SR in 2012 and have seen many people come, go and come back. I don't log on or post much at all nowadays as I'm just so busy and have thrown myself into a new life-one I never thought I would have.