SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I really wanna do it this time! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/346598-i-really-wanna-do-time.html)

lovewiredin 10-01-2014 05:22 AM

I really wanna do it this time!

I have been using class A's like heroin & crack since I was 16! I have lost 3 beautiful children due to my use, even though they were all loved, cared for, fed, clean, happy etc...
I am currently prescribed 80mls of methadone daily but ideally I want to get off it. Firstly, I need to stop using illicits, which I only use once, maybe twice a week with my partner (kids dad).
We have also buried 2 beautiful baby girls which we haven't grieved over yet! If anyone here can maybe give me a bit of support and advice, I would be truly grateful! And I am always willing to help others, as usually it aids me in keeping busy and I've always loved helping others!
Thankyou guys xxx:a108:

kirstensmith 10-01-2014 05:33 AM

Welcome!!! So glad you are here!

Thepatman 10-01-2014 05:35 AM

Welcome to SR! You can do this, I have no doubt about it lovewiredin.

I am sorry about the lost of your girls. Make them proud and live a sober life!

Redmayne 10-01-2014 06:46 AM

Forgive yourself...

Whilst my problem was alcohol, accepting that I suffer from the disease/illness of alcoholism and always will do and really know little or nothing about drug addiction.

I nevertheless, empathise with you on two fronts, as an addict (alcohol, despite what others might think is a drug and therefore addictive) and myself having 'lost' everything twice, although perhaps not in the conventional sense .... although it did involve a period of grieving and a slow healing process, the scars of which remain...

Without then wishing to sound trite or patronising, remembering what I went through, my advice, forgiveness, especially to others is a wonderful thing.

Even more wonderful, as it assists anyones recovery, including yours and mine, considering all you've gone or are going through, is to learn to forgive yourself....

PurpleKnight 10-01-2014 09:37 AM

Welcome to the Forum!! :wave:

Meraviglioso 10-01-2014 09:43 AM

Hi and welcome. YOu will find many people here who relate to your struggles. There is also a section specific to those who struggle form drug addiction that you may find helpful. I am sorry for what you have gone through. Wishing you great strength.

luvmygirls 10-01-2014 01:46 PM

Welcome, lovewiredin. It sounds like you have experienced some terrible losses that I can't even fathom. Good for you for deciding to get clean and sober. We are here for you!

Hevyn 10-01-2014 01:49 PM

We're happy you joined us lovewiredin. I'm sorry for the pain you've experienced, but glad you want to lead a new and better life. You can get free.

SoberLeigh 10-01-2014 01:52 PM

Welcome, lovewiredin, to SR. You have found a very understanding and supportive place.

Your "re" line says it all:

"I really wanna do it this time!"

Is your bf ready, too?

I also tend a small grave.

SoberLeigh 10-01-2014 02:55 PM

Grieving, especially grieving the loss of a child/children, is very hard work; have you considered grief counseling? I can only imagine that grieving greatly complicates recovery.

I am very sorry for your profound loss.

Dee74 10-01-2014 03:17 PM

Welcome to SR lovewiredin :)
You'll find a lot of support here :)

I'm sorry for the loss of your babies.

D