Notices

Processing difficult emotions

Old 10-01-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Processing difficult emotions

Hello everyone
I just wanted to write a quick post to say how glad I am that I stopped drinking. I am going through a difficult time right now - family argument, working long hours and struggling to concieve due to fertility problems. I am away from home with work right now, very tired and quite low but sobriety is giving me the ability to rationalise the difficult thoughts and emotions I am feeling right now and make better choices as a result.
I never would have coped with all this if I was still drinking. Not saying it's easy but at thank god I've got a clear head to tackle it all with.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done toomuchtoolose, I've found that dealing with anything - however difficult - by using alcohol never actually solves anything, it just lets you temporarily not care, delaying the problem for the future. This way your problems just mount up not go away. You're very right in saying sobriety helps you make better choices and deal with things better. It just takes some practice and a bit of effort sometimes!

P.S. Good luck with conceiving - you never know, staying off the alcohol might help in that department too.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic stuff!! Keep pushing through!!