Notices

AA how much

Old 09-30-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AA how much

How many times a week to go.

I was thinking x3 AA and x3 gym getting body and mind healthy.

Alot of folk seem to go more than this or do you go when you feel you need to rather than a routine
Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I go four days a week.

Monday – BB meeting
Tuesday – Lead meeting/my home group
Wednesday – Discusssion group
Friday – Lead meeting/BF home group

These are pretty much our routine. We do it every week unless something comes up but it is just what we do and where we go.

I don’t feel obligated to go to any other than my home group. I do let someone know if I am not going Monday as this meeting has my sponsor and my core group of woman so I text one of them if I am not going. We all look out and keep up with each other so I would not want them to worry about me.

Other than that anything goes. There are times I have not gone to one and there are times I have gone to an extra one. I found the meetings I like and I stick to them because they work for me and my program right now.

I do not usually go to one on the weekends anymore but I can't go more than three days or I get a squirrley feeling..LOL
Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my sponsor has gone almost every single day for over 25 years - even when traveling around the world for work. Only exceptions were times when he was someplace there was not meeting in proximity.

I went at least 3-5 times a week for the first couple months.... now I go irregularly. "As needed". I'm not really clear for myself what defines the need, but I go around my monthly milestones and I go when I feel called. I really oughta go more often because it's just a good all-around practice. Even when I'm not really feeling sobriety is at all threatened, there's always something good to be gained from a meeting.

Bottom line - use AA in the way it best suits you. If you're new to it and to sobriety, consider going consistently and as much as you can for the first few months.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd say whatever works for you is best. Try going to a meeting today and see how it works. You can worry about about tomorrow's meeting tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just leaving for one now, was thinking of asking if anyone there goes to others in my area a bit confused about that I will see what feels right when I am there
Old 09-30-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For every effort I made to get to my
alcohol which was for all sorts of reasons,
then I had to make every effort to remain
sober. Whatever it took and takes to not
drink today I stay connected to my program
of recovery, my life line to living a healthy,
happy, honest life.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudgin

So It appears you are at around a week sober - correct? Six months back you posted about AA meetings and the gym. I am NOT throwing this back at ya, but it seems like if you have made quitting your number one priority, and tried/failed within last six months - the last thing perhaps would be concerned about how many meetings you should attend.

Yesterday in a post you stated this;
I felt a connection at the meeting and have not drank since.

hmmm, when I felt that way about meeting you couldn't keep me away from them. Over 90 in 100 days......

How happy , joyous and free would you like to be??? Based on that, make your own decision as you see fit!

Peace......
Old 09-30-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have been wanting to do this for years but basically bottled it. I feel this is my way to soberiety and I am now fortunate to have 2 people txting me when they go to a meeting. AA is different and I have all sorts of questions in my head and was thinking of getting a routine. Its not going to work like that so your right and thanks for the advice