Notices

First Night - Not So Bad

Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Night - Not So Bad

I've gone through detox on my own several times and have some unpleasant memories of those times. I was really worried about my first night this time! But it wasn't so bad. I dunno why! I did wake up several times and took a while to get back to sleep. I had a few leg twitches. But not so bad, not so bad. Instead of being apprehensive about tonight I'm actually looking forward to it.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great! Keep it up! I'm on day 3 of sober and it's great to be in control. Took tylenol PM night 2 for sleep,then slept like a baby last night on my own.

I'm doing it with the help of info from rational.com. You are in control, not your pleasure center/ primal brain! Participation in life and relationships will bring more joy and happiness than beer ever will.

You are in control!
Old 09-30-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad your first night went okay. I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. Stay strong today. I know it's easy to let your guard down when you are tired. Pop on SR if you need some support!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunnygrl View Post
That's great! Keep it up! I'm on day 3 of sober and it's great to be in control. Took tylenol PM night 2 for sleep,then slept like a baby last night on my own.

I'm doing it with the help of info from rational.com. You are in control, not your pleasure center/ primal brain! Participation in life and relationships will bring more joy and happiness than beer ever will.

You are in control!
I use rational.org too. I went through it yesterday and again this morning. My plan of action when my AV starts working on me is to post here and then go back to rational.org and read again. Incidentally I've name my AV Regina. My EX that I wouldn't believe for money!!! LOL
Old 09-30-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! And thanks for the tip on rational.org. I will definitely check that out (as I explore AA and other options for recovery, too). At 13 days I am following the "just don't drink" introductory plan. Have a great day.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
Good for you! And thanks for the tip on rational.org. I will definitely check that out (as I explore AA and other options for recovery, too). At 13 days I am following the "just don't drink" introductory plan. Have a great day.
Lol...I'm on that plan too, josharon!
Thinking about AA though. I think I would benefit from the real people interaction.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by razor15 View Post
Lol...I'm on that plan too, josharon!
Thinking about AA though. I think I would benefit from the real people interaction.
Ditto for me--good to have backup plans though!!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job, Beerbgone!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Incidentally I've name my AV Regina. My EX that I wouldn't believe for money!!! LOL[/QUOTE]

^^^^ what a great idea...I think I will call my AV Kevin (EX)
Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sorry, just learning how this site works - I don't think I properly quoted...
Old 09-30-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ellay I'm working on some canned reply's for Regina. My best so far I think: "Regina, you lying B! Get the hell outta' here and leave me alone!!!" LOL. Maybe not a good one. But I'll find a good one that works.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

First night for me last night too (again) woke up this morning feeling so much better already. I have come to appeciate that first days are so special, you can never be guaranteed that there will be another and they become harder, I am grateful to have another shot at living a better life. Good luck to you and thanks for posting. D x
Old 09-30-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dunsuppin View Post
First night for me last night too (again) woke up this morning feeling so much better already. x
I'm amazed that I feel so good. I know I've got a few more days to before the poison is completely out of my system, but it's soooo nice not to have a hangover!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's very good if you can sleep cuz if the withdrawal symptoms are worse, insomnia is gonna kick you in the butt.

My last relapse resulted in 4 days straight of zero sleep. I spent it all on my couch. Had a little hallucinations. I had only been drinking for a week so I didn't even consider I might need a doctor, but this was my 3 or 4th time so I guess they get worse.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Wastinglife;4927811]It's very good if you can sleep cuz if the withdrawal symptoms are worse, insomnia is gonna kick you in the butt. /QUOTE]

In my past detox times I didn't sleep hardly any on the first night. Then bad dreams started on the 2nd night. It usually took me a week or so before I finally slept normally. I'm encouraged by the last night this time. Maybe it won't be so bad. But bad or not I'm going through. I've quit drinking!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Fantastic!! It all starts with a Day 1!! Keep it going!!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep it up beerbgone

D