Notices

help, help, help

Old 08-03-2004, 11:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hey Kelly--I am so proud of you for going to a meeting!! Dan gave you a lot of good advice and I don't have much else to add. I attend a step meeting every Tuesday night and we just talk about what the readings mean to us, regardless of where we are in the steps personally. Like Dan said, keep it simple and take it slow--one day at a time, or one minute at a time if a day is too much. The important thing is to keep going to meetings. Are there really no other meetings in your area? I know I am lucky because where I live there are 3 or 4 meetings a day at all different times of the day. Also, see if you can talk to someone at the meeting, even if you don't want to speak up during the meeting. The best way for an alcoholic to stay sober is to talk to another alcoholic!!

Glad you're still here and still posting. Let us know how the meeting goes tomorrow and if you have any more questions, just ask!!

Old 08-04-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

clear and bright w/ out the haze

Hello - How's everyone? I'm ok I guess. Nighttime seems to be the hardest for me. Stress of the day, kids, my husbands gone for 24 hours at a time. (firefighter). I really don't have a problem during the day w/ a desire to drink. Only at night when I think I need it to relax and get away from everything that's gone on during the day. I'm one of those "drink and dial" people and now all my friends and family are wondering my I haven't been calling. I just don't feel comfortable telling everyone right now. On the bright side, waking up in the morning for the past week w/ out still being drunk and having to throw up and down a bunch of red bull to get going has been great. Have a great day everyone!

Kelly
Old 08-04-2004, 10:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kelly, give this some thought, I posted this for Christine in another thread.

Start by getting a sponsor, NOW. How?

Talk to numerous ladies, ask a bit about their sobriety, how long they have been sober, and what type of program they work. Do they currently sponsor people? What do they expect when they sponsor people. If they would share a bit about their story, that is very helpful.

Look for somebody you can relate to, or "has something" you would like in your life. Find someone that is NOT a push over.

AFTER you have talked to several people, approach one, and ask. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED, NO MATTER WHAT. If by some chance they say no, KEEP ASKING UNTIL YOU FIND SOMEONE. Even if the person you start working with is only temporary, IT'S IS BETTER THAN NO ONE! ! !

1) Attending meetings regularly, with commitments
2) Work the steps, daily
3) Work with a sponsor, daily
4) Be of service to others

OK, really, it's simple.........if you make it difficult, it will be.

BTW, now means just that...........NOW. You have 48 hours.........get to work. Let us know.

(What would you do if you weren't afraid?)

Tom