Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Day 3 - I think my head is gonna explode. Warning: Rant Alert!

Notices

Day 3 - I think my head is gonna explode. Warning: Rant Alert!

Old 10-01-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Yeah how are you doing
Yesterday forgot to say that although day 3,4 can be difficult, I would not trade day +365 for anything, you just have to 'do' the other ones first
Hope all is well and hope to see you around soon
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
James I hope you got through yesterday and made it onto Day 4 today.
Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
Oh oh...I am heading into day 3 tomorrow ...thanks for the warnings
Yesterday was pretty similar to day 3, but slightly easier thanks to some half decent sleep and some food. I didn't sleep all weekend so I'm still catching up. It always makes matters worse when you're sleep deprived. I haven't bothered telling anybody yet I'm stopping drinking, instead I just turn my nose up at alcohol like it's something I don't like. No one has mentioned anything yet, other than 'that's not like you...'. Although I haven't seen that many people yet!

Ellay, try not to concentrate on the negative stuff and try to keep busy. Breathing exercises seem to help me stay calm and wipe my mind of negative thoughts, maybe try that. Google them if you're not familiar; there are different techniques to try if one doesn't suit you.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i can well remember my early days, and feeling so angry at the world, i didnt have anyone in my flat other than me, my ex wife had gone off with another drunk and i hated her for it, my kids were in social workers care and i hated the social workers for it

i was angry and wishing if only i had my kids if only i had my ex wife. it was just to empty without anyone there

but i hung on in there, the guys in aa had really helped me big time just be being there for me and i clung on to aa as i had nothing else left in the world to cling on to

when i look back at those early days or get reminded by new comers it makes it all seem fresh in my mind and serves as a great reminder to me of just what will happen to me if i pick up just 1 drink and go back to that

thanks for the post and reminding me
Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

Glad to hear /see
Keep on Keeping on