Notices

lost

Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost

I am a wife of a drug addict and I don't know what to do??:
Old 09-28-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My husband is the spouse of an alcoholic (me) bless his heart! He gets angry with me, but can't get me to stop! I have been refusing to admit I really do have a problem until just tonight, after my husband gave me the silent treatment all day, then when I finally had the audacity to complain, he was irate that I had embarrassed him last night in front of his family.

I am embarrassed of my weakness, so joined this forum in hopes of finding the support to sober up and be the person I need to be!

Is there anything you could do to make your husband see the light and seek support?
Old 09-28-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by rochy12 View Post
I am a wife of a drug addict and I don't know what to do??:
How much of his lifestyle of using are you willing to tolerate? You can't make someone want to get clean, they have to want it for themselves. It all depends on how much stress you will tolerate.

You might also get some useful input if you post in the Friends and Family of substance abusers forum. Give it a look.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome rochy! It's so good that you reached out - there are many here struggling with this situation. As Least pointed out, the Friends & Family forum is very helpful. You're not alone.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Rochy!! You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish!

Originally Posted by sunnygrl View Post
My husband is the spouse of an alcoholic (me) bless his heart! He gets angry with me, but can't get me to stop! I have been refusing to admit I really do have a problem until just tonight, after my husband gave me the silent treatment all day, then when I finally had the audacity to complain, he was irate that I had embarrassed him last night in front of his family.

I am embarrassed of my weakness, so joined this forum in hopes of finding the support to sober up and be the person I need to be!

Is there anything you could do to make your husband see the light and seek support?

I wish there was something I could do. I have tried and am out of everything that I am. So this is why I'm here. To seek guidance. I hope you seek the help you deserve. It's a hard road. But what the addiction does to the spouse is disheartening. At least I am in dispair.