Notices

Hi... trying to get balanced again

Old 09-29-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

OMG! SoberLeigh that is JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! I am going to print this out and put it in a prominent place. The tears are flowing down my cheeks... I love this! Thank you very much for posting it!!! You have a lot of talent!

My art is very much tied to my sister. She is 12 years older than me and when I was young (around 10) she noticed that I liked to draw, etc. She was already out of the house by then. She would come and get me on weekends and together we would go to art museums and lectures about art, etc. She bought me my first materials and really inspired and supported me in this way. I miss her so very much.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
OMG! SoberLeigh that is JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! I am going to print this out and put it in a prominent place. The tears are flowing down my cheeks... I love this! Thank you very much for posting it!!! You have a lot of talent!

My art is very much tied to my sister. She is 12 years older than me and when I was young (around 10) she noticed that I liked to draw, etc. She was already out of the house by then. She would come and get me on weekends and together we would go to art museums and lectures about art, etc. She bought me my first materials and really inspired and supported me in this way. I miss her so very much.

I am glad you have those cherished memories with your sister. I lost my sister, too, in 2009; she was 43 (breast cancer). I, too, miss her very much.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss! It is so hard.... even years later isn't it? Thank you again for sharing that wonderful poem.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh, yes, even years later the pain of loss continues.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

ArtFriend, as you see you have lots of support and friends here. We are family and we do understand how hard this is.

I'm sorry for the losses of your sister and your mother, but I suspect they would both want to see you living your life to the fullest. Your sister loved you and took you to art galleries to help you develop your talent. Now you can pursue your art, which your sister would love to see.

I hope you decide to stop drinking and move forward with your life.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I made that connection reading the poem Anna. They both would want that. Thank you!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Sorry for your loss! It is so hard.... even years later isn't it? Thank you again for sharing that wonderful poem.
I forgot to ask earlier, ArtFriend, have you considered grief counseling; you have lost so much recently.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I have been in therapy off and on over the years for a number of issues, including grief. Unfortunately, I don't have insurance at this point nor the means to pay out of pocket. So I am relegated to "free" assistance from the state. It is hit and miss in terms of the quality of the therapist. I am probably a more discerning client since I have a master's degree in psychology myself!

The phrase "physician heal thyself" doesn't apply to psychology!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

No, I guess it doesn't. I have found SR to be very healing; there is something very cathartic about sharing.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Hopeful

ArtFriend,
Losses like you have experienced are devastating. You ARE NOT alone, though. We are here to listen and support. I agree that it would be a good idea for you to find a good therapist. I, too, have had an inordinate amount of loss and my therapist is walking me through the healing process. I hate it but it's really helping me.
Best wishes to you and welcome
Old 09-29-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeremiah2911 View Post
ArtFriend,
Losses like you have experienced are devastating. You ARE NOT alone, though. We are here to listen and support. I agree that it would be a good idea for you to find a good therapist. I, too, have had an inordinate amount of loss and my therapist is walking me through the healing process. I hate it but it's really helping me.
Best wishes to you and welcome
What is your therapist's number? (just kidding)

I know I need to handle this somehow without drinking... it is overwhelming at times. Thank you