Notices

I have a headache

Old 09-27-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a headache

and I can take a tylenol without worrying about killing off an internal organ!!

It's the little things, isn't it?
Old 09-27-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

There is headache gel strips my gf suffers migraines and swears by them they will clear up regular headaches proficiently

migraine gel strips maily water

your right its the little things
Old 09-27-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't take OTC meds either for the same reason.

Try guzzling 8 to 10 ounces of ice cold water. It works for me. It almost feels like it flushes the headache away.

Good Luck and feel better.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didn't end up taking anything- I really never do. It went away, I think I'm adjusting to my new glasses. I forget to take them off for reading/computer work and then my eyeballs are aching. But, nice to know I could take something if I felt like it.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Viking I actually feel ok about the occasional headache these days because I know it isn't self inflicted -- unless I read until the wee small hours.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Viking I actually feel ok about the occasional headache these days because I know it isn't self inflicted -- unless I read until the wee small hours.
So true!! I actually almost never get headaches, not even in the bad old days, so when I do have one, it's pretty noticeable. It is nice to know it wasn't anything I did to cause it, besides working! Back a few years ago, my back was acting up and my doc gave me large doses of some analgesic, but the warning was "Do not take if you consume more than 3 alcoholic drinks per day." So they remain in the medicine cabinet to this day. I find it funny that I wouldn't take something prescribed because I thought it would hurt me while I continued to drink poison every day. The logic of the wine-soaked mind.....
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This made me laugh. I can relate. I have a RX for a very low dose of Xanex due to panic attacks.

A) I don't really need/use it anymore since alcohol was causing the attacks. Go figure.

B) On the off-chance I do (very rarely happens), I don't have to worry about what time I take it. I used to not take them past noon b/c it interfered w/my nightly drinking.

You're right about the little things!
Old 09-27-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I used to be puzzled over women who popped pain relievers for PMS because after suffering some god awful hangovers and having to go into work for an eight hour day, and having my abdomen cut open in surgery, I thought there wasn't much I couldn't tolerate in life naturally.

Experiencing PMS sober made me appreciate a new perspective Lol.

Sometimes it really is the little things occurring on a regular basis, day after day, that make you wanna lose your mind.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ha, I too avoided Tylenol cause of my drinking. Being told I had fat deposits in my liver didn't stop me from drinking though.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It really is quite liberating.

A while back, my NP gave me 5 valium for muscle pain, the very first narcotic I've ever been prescribed. (I made a mistake in my OP- I only meant tylenol and such- analgesics are painkillers, I was given an anti-inflammatory.) She said to take one every night at bedtime. I told her I usually had "a glass of wine or two" in the evening. She told me "just don't drink for 5 nights." Well, that was hysterical. So, not wanting to combine alcohol and valium, I did hold off drinking one night and took a pill. I had a horrible night sleep and felt rotten the next day (because I was withdrawing from alcohol, no doubt, but I blamed the little 5mg pill.) I didn't take any more after that. Until one day, DRUNK, I reached into the med cabinet for my usual BP med, and took a valium by complete accident. I only realized this the next day, when the count of my BP med was off- I had an extra one. I was appalled and scared- I took a valium without even knowing- and I didn't even feel it. I know it sounds trivial and silly- but it did make me perk up my head a bit and start to recognize that something was really wrong with this picture.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One time I was prescribed a med by my OB/GYN. The med was available in 2 forms. One form meant no sex for 5 days & one meant no alcohol for 5 days. This was a huge dilemma for me. Guess which one I chose? Ridiculous & should have been a clue/wake-up call especially since no alcohol was simply a pill and no sex was a lot more invasive. Sadly not the first time I chose alcohol over sex w/my husband.