Notices

Feeling restless at 1 month?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling restless at 1 month?

Hello all,
I am almost 1 month sober and while I'm really proud of myself at the same time I'm feeling more anxious and craving more today and I'm not sure why?? It may be that I'm really craving a cigarette because I quit that too, but, I don't know why all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks! I will not drink, but, I was just wondering if any of you had cravings at certain milestones in your sobriety?? Thanks!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on a month, sober, that's a great accomplishment! Cravings can certainly pop up at any time, although they generally become less frequent and less intense over time. It's definitely not out of the ordinary to be getting them at this stage in your sobriety.

It is a good reminder for you to take a look at your plan though, sometimes cravings can result from not keeping up with our sobriety plan, whatever that may be for you.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi T2BH!

One month is awesome!

Don't be such a stranger--join the 24-Hour Club here, and when you check in daily read around and post a bit. SoberRecovery is an important part of my success!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on the month.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

1 Month is fantastic!! Keep it going!!

I think sometimes we forget that it took years of drinking to get us into the hole we found ourselves in, and so it's going to take time, maybe more than a month to build a new Sober lifestyle!!

Hang in there!! Ride those cravings and things will get better!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Trying2bhappy View Post
Hello all,
I am almost 1 month sober and while I'm really proud of myself at the same time I'm feeling more anxious and craving more today and I'm not sure why?? It may be that I'm really craving a cigarette because I quit that too, but, I don't know why all of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks! I will not drink, but, I was just wondering if any of you had cravings at certain milestones in your sobriety?? Thanks!!
Great job - keep pushing through!

Newly sober myself, 110 days - but who is counting!

I had very little physical cravings, more mental urges/obsession. For me gaining tools here and at AA meetings I was taught by other how to deal with those.

Not to AA on you, but when I got an "urge" used what they call HALT
Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

Typically, one or more of these was present when that happened. Fixing whichever helped.

Smoking is different and more difficult. I did try in early sobriety to quit butts as well, but caved. For me, it has to wait - not too much longer at this point - I have a date set of 10/31. Grandson's bday.

Sobriety is # 1

Glad your here!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trying2bhappy View Post
Hello all,
As someone with a little over a month sober, from both drinking and smoking - the cravings and anxiety are still pretty high.

Not as bad as week 1, or even 2 - but they are there.

Our restlessness will definitely get better with time, we just gotta keep fighting through it!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You could read up on PAWS' , but I wouldn't get to caught up in it, your on the right path, congrats.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your month

I drank for 20 years so it took a while for me not to crave and a whuile to get my anxiety down to normal levels.
How have you been dealing with your anxiety and cravings so far?

D
Old 09-26-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Trying2bhappy, almost 1 month is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Cravings for me were awful at that time, however, they went away and they will for you too. Rootin for ya.