Notices

Need help now. Feeling like I should just end it all..

Old 09-26-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help now. Feeling like I should just end it all..

Got trashed last night, drove home like an idiot! Fell down trying to walk up my driveway, busted my face and had to explain to my wife why I was in the shape I was. This of course is not an isolated incident.

Told my wife last night that she and our son deserve better. I need to go to treatment. I should probably call my Dr. because of the thoughts I'm having right now. I just don't know where to begin. Or should I even bother?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Definitely bother. You're just in a temporary bad spot right now. Your real, non-drinking life will be much better. Call your doctor.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, call your doctor. And yes, bother. Treatment - go for it. Life CAN get better.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are worth the bother, and I guarantee your family thinks the same. You have a choice to address this today and change your life and those you love for the better. I hope you go to the doctor and get the help you deserve!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, call your Dr. Or go to a clinic or the ER. I was feeling that way last year (because of drinking and because of the meds I was taking...the wrong meds). The woman at the clinic helped me with a withdrawal schedule for the meds I was on and put me on some new ones, which are working a whole lot better.
I have fallen and bruised legs/arms/other parts of my body while drunk. There were a couple incidents that I don't even remember. Like - I know I have this massive bruise, but how did I get it? I understand the shame, and the feeling of worthlessness.
It's not worth killing yourself over. You didn't do it on purpose.
Go get help. If you can't get it right at this very second, call a suicide hotline. (I've done that too.) Suicide is not the answer. Do something - anything - and step past this. All it takes is one phone call to get your life moving in a better direction.
My heart goes out to you...I know how you feel and it sucks.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please, call your doctor. This is a great time to get in to a program-well, anytime is a good time to get help, but yes-call.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The feelings you have right now will pass. Get help and call your doctor. It's not too late!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Absolutey call a doc or a hotline if you are having suicidal thoughts.

Things can get better with help....make a call today to get started.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Time... I've been there so many times so I know what you are feeling & going through.. As everybody has stated, go see your Quack & be honest.. He will be able to help you get off the merry-go-round... once you're off, life is so much better. believe me if I can do it (Mister No Willpower) anybody can... Wishing you well..
Old 09-26-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Take full advantage of the free resources that are all around you!

Read around this site and post often. There are daily inspirational postings, threads where you can just share what's going on, and constant reminders of the trauma that substance abuse brings upon us and those around us.

For me, an in-patient detox of a week followed by ninety AA meetings in ninety days was what I needed to get sober. The detox was free and bare-bones, but it completely distracted me from my withdrawal. And I find it necessary to have plenty of contact with others who have been where I am, so I followed the time-honored advice of going to AA meetings (even though I don't believe in God).
Old 09-26-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your wife deserves a husband and your son deserves a dad,

It's definitely worth the effort turning this around!!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ending it is not an option. The people who are left behind NEVER get over it. My uncle hung himself. My husbands uncle also took his own life. Your wife and son love you and things will get better. At my lowest point when I was suffering from severe depression I took an overdose and ended up in hospital for 5 days. Thank god I'm still here and now have my gorgeous little boy. Please seek help, you deserve it and you will be happy again.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You owe it to yourself to do this. Please go get some help. You ARE worth it.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Your wife deserves a husband and your son deserves a dad,

It's definitely worth the effort turning this around!!
And you know what else, Your worth it!!! I feel like you do and I don't even drink. Depression is an awful thing! then you add addiction to it and it gets all our wires in our brain criss-crossed.

it will be hard to get those wires straight, it will be a slow and painful process.. however.... isn't the life your living hard now? Isnt it painful now...?

fight for the better life you will have with your family. fight as a dad who will do anything to help his child...don't give up on yourself because in doing that, your giving up on them also....
Old 09-26-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

yes! BOTHER!!

Call your doctor and book an appointment.

Here is some info in your area for AA - find out where and when the next meeting is and get to it.

1427 South Blvd. #106
Charlotte NC 28203
Monday − Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm
Tel: 704-377-0244
Fax: 704-377-2125
24 hour Hotline: 704-332-4387
Toll Free: 1-877-233-6853

If you're feeling like those thoughts are building and swelling and not manageable - get to the emergency room.

You can turn around from where you are and find yourself living a joyous, beautiful life. You can start RIGHT NOW. But, you can only do that if you choose LIFE.... those thoughts are not you, they are not the real you, YOU are worthwhile and good and deserving of and made of Love.

Let this be the start of a better journey.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Bother. Maybe it's your life's purpose to overcome your personal issues...

Imagine if there is reincarnation and you were reborn with the same personal problems only you don't know what you know now....it's a risk. You may as well overcome them now rather than perpetually having to go through a Groundhog day series of lives until your life purpose is fulfilled.

And besides, I always think if you've faced death....if you've stared at death and were willing to go....what have you ever got to fear in life ever again? It's absolute freedom if channelled right.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support everyone. I've been in contact with my Dr. and with my health insurance provider. Too weak and sick to get out of the bed today to do anything unfortunately.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you contacted your doctor. I hope you're feeling better soon so you can start to enjoy a sober life.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you talked to your dr.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Keep in touch with your doctor and stay close here, we are all in support of you. YOu can do this. You are worth it and so are your kids and family. I completely understand your feelings of not wanting to go on, I have been there myself, but trust me, it is worth it. You will get better and you will feel better. Sending you a big hug.