SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ann (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/346004-ann.html)

19osborne 09-25-2014 06:08 AM

ann

Hi

This is my 6 day on recovery coming off alcohol i feel like a new person already my old self and now i joining the gym. I have been drinking for about 16 years as i lived with a drinker i would drink one or 2 bottles of wine a day even when going to work and i seemed to hide it pretty well but some things have happened to me lately that have made me wake up, i have two beautiful very young grandchildren the awful thing is all i could think about was alcohol then ive had a couple of falls and i nearly blacked out and was stuck on the ground im disgusted with myself this is day six already i feel like i got control of my life how could i have wasted my life on alcohol:a108:

chicory 09-25-2014 06:14 AM

Hi and welcome!

Alcoholism is a sneaky and cunning thief... it will steal everything from you, and then even your life, if you let it. Good for you in realizing you have a problem, a serious one. Please consider seeing a doctor for help with this. AA is a wonderful group, and SR here is just the place for support as you deal with reclaiming your life.

Good for you on day 6!!! :hug:

Treerat66 09-25-2014 06:57 AM

Hi 19osborne
Welcome to SR

Mrrryah1 09-25-2014 07:07 AM

Welcome :) If you think day 6 feels good - guess what - it gets IMMENSELY better!!!!! Whohoo! I'm on day 31 and I'm noticing myself smiling and laughing so much more, I feel awake and alive, it's absolutely amazing the change in just 31 days. Life still happens, but we have to learn how to cope without alcohol, and that takes practice and time. Best of luck & keep at it! You're doing great! :)

kirstensmith 09-25-2014 07:28 AM

Congratulations! I am on Day 4! SO happy you are here!

Altoids 09-25-2014 07:33 AM

Welcome! Glad you are here. Congrats on 4 days. That's wonderful!

DearPrudence 09-25-2014 07:35 AM

Hello and welcome!

Fly N Buy 09-25-2014 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by 19osborne (Post 4917891)
Hi

This is my 6 day on recovery coming off alcohol i feel like a new person already my old self and now i joining the gym. I have been drinking for about 16 years as i lived with a drinker i would drink one or 2 bottles of wine a day even when going to work and i seemed to hide it pretty well but some things have happened to me lately that have made me wake up, i have two beautiful very young grandchildren the awful thing is all i could think about was alcohol then ive had a couple of falls and i nearly blacked out and was stuck on the ground im disgusted with myself this is day six already i feel like i got control of my life how could i have wasted my life on alcohol:a108:

Congrat's on Day 6!!!

Would you share your stay sober plan with friends on SR? Helps so many!!

I have grandkids as well. The sober interaction is so much more true to my spirit and engaging......I jealously guard it!!

peace

peace

SoberLeigh 09-25-2014 08:00 AM

Congratulations on Day 6 and welcome, Ann. Mrrryah is so right; it keeps getting better and better.

Jupiters 09-25-2014 08:20 AM

welcome and congrats on 6 days! :)
glad you found us!!
like others have said, it keeps getting better!

Dee74 09-25-2014 02:43 PM

Welcome 19osborne :)

I really believe the important part is what happens from here..today.

I've done a lot since I got sober...it's a marvellous feeling to live a happy sane and fulfilled life -
congratulations on 6 days :)

D

FreeOwl 09-25-2014 02:45 PM

welcome to a deeper, richer, more joyful and all around better life.

:)

Hevyn 09-25-2014 03:33 PM

6 days - what a great accomplishment! You're really doing this thing osborne. It'll keep getting better. :)