Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are ok!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Your addiction is very good at this.

"pssssssstttt - don't take that pill today."

"oooooohhhhhh, now look what you've done. DRINK. That will fix this."

I hope you learn to shut it up once and for all. I agree that maybe some help with the side effects of your prescribed meds would be good.

Glad you're back. We care about you, J.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Scott the mental hospital wants me to do daily counseling or weekly counseling at the least. I do go to AA almost daily, I don't have many friends anymore. I pushed most of my so called " support group" away some time ago. I just have me and my family for the most part and daily AA groups. No sponsor or anything.
After all you've been through, what is it that convinces you that daily counseling is not for you?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
you gotta stop saying things like resident crazy guy there are people here that suffer mental illness too your under stress and for whatever reason stopped taking your meds again and this has happened
You raise an important point. When I frame myself as "the crazy one," then the fact that I will again and always act or be crazy is inevitable, a foregone conclusion.

And for you, Jeremy, why would you want to change this identification with insanity since it's reliably brought you so much positive feedback?

As I've suggested previously, denying yourself help because you're so good at doing this on your own isn't working, and often comes with dramatic, unwanted consequences.

This is not a joke, a competition, or a fight for honor and for praise from others. It's time to seriously rethink your options, particularly with counseling.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

endgamenyc, as always you are very intelligent and tell it like it is, and I respect that. I could sit here and offer excuses all day long but the bottom line is I don't listen, I don't take my medication ( with very real and undesirable results) and something you've picked up on, I think I know it all. I might be smart, but my actions are stupid and I always and I mean always end up with the same results after stupid actions.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
endgamenyc, as always you are very intelligent and tell it like it is, and I respect that. I could sit here and offer excuses all day long but the bottom line is I don't listen, I don't take my medication ( with very real and undesirable results) and something you've picked up on, I think I know it all. I might be smart, but my actions are stupid and I always and I mean always end up with the same results after stupid actions.
I don't know about "knowing everything," but I do know that there are ways that can allow you to live a better, safer life, and that your history demonstrates that you adamantly deny yourself the help you need.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Jeremy, but beat yourself up, SR is here for support, for the times when you're up against it and need someone in your corner.

Never feel embarrassed about reaching out and using that support!!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad to see you getting back up and going at it again Jeremy. And glad you're ok.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Jeremy, I cannot really add anything new or different to the wisdom and heartfelt support you received over the last 24 hours. You have my best wishes, too.

I will encourage you, though, to take some time and really think through some of the particularly salient points two fellow journeyers have made: those from EndGameNYC here on this thread and the point raised by ScottfromWis on one of the other threads from last night. (The one you titled 'today I got depressed abandoned medication.') The importance of Scott's point about your role as a father cannot be understated. I hope you'll think about printing them out and putting them in a place where they can be steady reminders to you.

You're in a tough spot, I understand. But things might not be OK next time, no matter how much support and encouragement you receive here. Please take EndGame's and Scott's wise counsel to heart and get the help professionals have urged you to pursue.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad you are back TDG. You don't need luck, I know you can do this.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's some really great advice here Jeremy.
You've been really lucky so far I think - you obviously have a lot of good karma.

But the more you poke at the electrical socket with a fork the more certain it becomes you're gonna get a shock
This russian roulette thing with your meds is more and more likely to end badly every time you do it.

You're not the resident crazy guy man - come on.
We have hundreds of members who deal with what you have or worse.

I really doubt that any of the kind decent folks here are be judging you on the illnesses you have.

Maybe it's time to drop the mask and just be *you* - meds counselling and all?

D