Notices

Didn't take my medication sorry friends

Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Didn't take my medication sorry friends

Sorry, didn't take my medication, Dee pointed it out, I am not stable and crazy, I could cry I want to be normal, sorry forks without taking the meds I get unbalanced, and cuss and get crazy. Disregardful what I say, I am dumb and crazy, and want to be normal but without meds I crazy stupid and reckless, disregard this dummy stupid ass, i Hate me, sorry for being dumb and crazy.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Jeremy

I was going to share this is another thread but here's as good as any...

I've been on anti-depressants for pain issues for over a year now. Recently those pain issues cleared up a lot, and without really thinking, I stopped the meds.

(I know - I didn't take my own advice about seeing a Dr. But I simply didn't have the pain there to remind me to take the pills if that makes sense)

I haven't felt less grounded in a long time. It can;t compare to what you deal with but it wasn't pleasant J.

I had to take a couple of days off here because I had no confidence in myself and what I was typing here.

I've seen a Dr, back on the pills for now and beginning to feel like me again. Lesson learned

I can mess up cos I'm human - you can mess up too. It doesn't make us bad people.

The important thing is to get back on track

D
Old 09-23-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, it's ok. Hang in there and take your meds. This place will still be here for you.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Never forget you are loved and cared about Jeremy. You will feel better and rise above this bad time. We know you can.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey,

Just my humble opinion. I noticed you talk down about yourself a lot. It makes me sad and feeling helpless. Until you start changing the tape playing in your mind with self empowering sentences I think you will keep feeling down about yourself. Start with little things, for example; I'm better than my addiction, I'm a great human being, I am generous, hard working man, my will is strong, nothing can stop me.

You get my groove mate. Repeat positive statements, even if you don't fully believe in them, you will at some point. But change that tape!

Good luck
Old 09-23-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its okay, really it is.

We should all remember to never stop medications like that abruptly as it can be dangerous and make you feel really, really strange.

Medical advice about stopping AND starting should be followed as sometimes reducing or increasing the doses slowly and carefully avoid nasty side effects. Not just physical ones either, but mental side effects like anger, rage, foggy mind etc etc.

We all understand and we are all here for you and your honesty is commendable xx
Old 09-23-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We're not going to kick you out you know!!

Keep moving forward, it's in the past!!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

You got to keep taking the meds if its making you feel like this J

this is the 2nd time ive witnessed you feel this way because of this and i hope you have learnt that lesson

there is a lot sr doesnt know about me and what i have experienced im not joking when i say all my posts are the tip of a massive iceberg a lot of ppl have said id be in prison or dead if i had to have your life they mean it in a good way they think im strong

in time when i feel ready to speak about certain things then i will talk on it more

just know i really know about mental illness i suffer myself

Schizophrenia is rife in my family i dont talk about it and i still dont want to im not ready to

why do you think i like you Jeremy ?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

can you set a timer on your phone or a watch and take those meds the same time every day?

you are loved greatly!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ah, man I'm so sorry you're hurting right now. Hang in there buddy, really, we are all fighting through something. You are not alone, and things will get better. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
-Malcolm
Old 09-23-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Jeremy, you are FANTASTIC, rootin for ya.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I take antipsychotics meds for schizophrenia due to alcohol and substance abuse in the past, I dont like some of the effects and I really dont believe Im a schizo, but if the doctor says I need them, I take them, so should you.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing TDG?

D
Old 09-23-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thatdeliveryguy.... it really is okay. You didn't choose this for yourself. I think you post really nice thoughtful things and I appreciate that.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

In my experience, I have to be just as vigilant about taking my psychiatric meds as I am about not drinking as necessary actions in my recovery. I have to stay on my meds to stay sober, and I have to stay sober to remember to stay on my meds. I have to be very careful to make sure I don't stop or forget to take them when I'm feeling good. Incorrect thoughts like "you're fine, you don't need to take that stuff" are just as dangerous to me as the AV saying "it's ok you can have just one drink."

I had to go through the cycles to learn the hard way. I hope my story helps others to learn from my mistakes so they don't have to go through it too.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh, Jeremy. Who of us hasn't messed up? I'm on ADs, too, for migraines. I don't have migraines any longer and have thought, "hey, I don't need these any more." Yeah, it doesn't work that way. I'm glad you are here.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The last time I stopped taking my meds I went into a downward spiral that lasted almost two years. That ain't gonna happen again. I want to live.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jeremy..you are so cared for here. Please stop resisting your need for the med's. There is absolutely no shame in requiring something to correct what is imbalanced.

I repeat..there is NO SHAME in requiring medication...none.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jeremy...The Patman has some very sound advice. Stop putting yourself down! No one thinks that you're stupid or crazy! I'm not going to speculate on the percentage of people on SR taking meds, but I'm one of them (Prozac, years). They help my off the chart anxiety and keep me from descending into desperation, both major drinking triggers. Even the exalted Dee gets help on occasion!

You seem like a kind, interesting guy. You care enough about yourself and your wife to admit that you have a problem and you are working to remedy that. The only complaint I have about you is that you talk sh*t about a very important person...You!

I don't want to come off like Stuart Smalley, but daily affirmations are a powerful tool for us alcoholics/addicts. We have done so many things to hurt ourselves and those we love that it's hard to find something positive to say. But its there. Dig deep, and share it with all of us.

You're good enough, you're smart enough, and dog gonnit, people like you!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope you're well, TDG! Don't mess around with your meds! Give the docs and meds a chance to work.