Notices

Loser, crazy, mofo

Old 09-23-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loser, crazy, mofo

You know, if you met me in person I have lots of weird ticks, I do things that are strange and unusual. I've gambled 6 figures, I've been depressed suicidial, addicted to so much it I don't want to think about it.

I've met Jesus Christ, I thought caused so many natural distasters, I thought my neighbor was a serial murderer, at one time I thought I was serial murderer, I thought " they were going to get me". Crazy right? I can't impress on people how scary and damaging mental illness can be, a scary place.

I talk about mental illness a lot because it normal get hidden, people don't tell you whats going on, people won't be honest and with that they self medicate and end up in a worse place. I decided some time ago I would confront mental illness and be honest to a point few would.

Yes, at one time I thought I met Jesus Christ, I thought I could control others, I thought I was the cause of many a natural disaster, I thought the NSA, FBI and CIA wanted to talk to me because I had so much knowledge ( psychosis at its peak) read my past post I was out of it.

Do I scare you? Do you think me weird or crazy? Its ok, I think I am that way too, I am just one man that is battling addiction and mental illness. If you've thought it, so have I and no worries friends its cool.

Why am I posting this, I see so many depressed, anxiety ridden or other issues. Its not uncommon to have mental issues with addiction. Man do I ever understand what is going on, I am medicated and challenging life daily.

I am the extreme I want others to know the tricks the mind can play, I am open and honest because I know others are the same way and need help. Even if you aren't on that extreme life has so much to offer, I am feeling better medicated and want everyone to know you can and will get sober

Good day friends, just wanted to talk about mental illness and and let everyone know there is an answer.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, so many think me a loser, **** up, a man with no value. What can one do, I don't think that, I think I am troubled but still have value, I can't change there opinion but I can change my opinion of me !

Last edited by Dee74; 09-23-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mental illness doesn't mean you don't have values or value, TDG. Yes, of course you are valuable. I think people with mental illness and people who've withstood abuse and mistreatment both have an incredible amount of compassion and understanding (as well as honesty and insight) to offer others.

Hope you are doing ok, and taking care of yourself.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you SoberJennie, this is about others, this about others, this is about showing the extremes of addiction, showing a vulnerable real side of me, a side where unmediated crazy happens, because I know sobriety is rough, I know so many have mental issues, I just want to be vulnerable and honest for others, to see they can and will get better if they try.

I am kicking it and loving life, medicated and trying to stay sober. I am not perfect, but then again I don't know what perfect is.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear. That's great that you are willing to be transparent to others so they can benefit from your experience I doubt there is any true "perfection" out there.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jeremy,

I don't post much, but I look forward to and read your posts everyday. I can so relate to you, and you have helped me so much. I just wanted you to know. You do make a difference - a great one at that!

I think you are an amazing, strong, and open person. Don't let the MI or others get you down. Believe me, I have been called everything and treated like I have some sort of contagious disease. So, to answer your question...do you scare me, do I think you are crazy or weird? Absolutely not - because that would make me the same way

Hang in there and keep on fighting the fight. You have accomplished so much and continue to push forward

Thank you so much for your posts. Please continue the updates, as they have changed the way I handle so many things.

Take care my friend
Old 09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi TDG

Thank you for your post, as you said to many folk won't talk about depression and other mental illnesses.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Sorry, so many think me a loser, fu ck up, a man with no value. What can one do, I don't think that, I think I am troubled but still have value, I can't change there opinion but I can change my opinion of me !
Your OP was amazing Jeremy. Really a thing of raw and vulnerable beauty. ^^^ That right there above seems to almost come from a different channel. Please don't spend much time grinding on assumed negative perceptions of what you think others think (loser? eff up? no value?..UGH! Don't go there).

Keep soldiering on with the acceptance of your challenges..keep shining your light as you did in the first post of thread. It's gorgeous. Stay away from thoughts and words like "loser". I hate that word.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

hang in there jeremy your doing great !
Old 09-23-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jeremy, you are an inspiration to me.

Stay on the pitch and stay in the game mate