Notices

New and Confused xx

Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and Confused xx

Hi

Im completely new to this and really have no idea what I am doing. I having a really bad day with my battle with my Ed and alcohol. Is there any one that can point me in the right direction?

x
Old 09-23-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When you feel so fragile and confused it is just so hard to find the right direction, isn't it? The very best advice I can give you is this:

Stop drinking. If you can focus on this one thing and put all of your focus and energy there, you will be amazed at the clarity you will find. The rest will fall into place. Welcome to SR!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome
pull up a seat!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with lonebeachone. Stop drinking and the clarity comes.

Welcome to SR. You'll find a lot of encouragement and support in these threads.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

50 Essential Tips To Help You Stay Clean And Sober

Hi Claire hope this link helps
Old 09-23-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Oh, Claire. I hear you and I feel for you Bulimia and alcohol blighted my life for decades. After a frightening drink-induced accident, I decided to give up drinking. That was nearly 20 months ago. I found it much easier than I ever thought it would be. The physical benefits were so motivating they propelled me on. But the psychological benefits were the most significant. I discovered I had self esteem! I started to like myself and be proud of what I'd achieved.

The bulimia remained a problem, but I started to believe that I could overcome it. It has been far more difficult than the alcohol, but I am slowly but surely making headway. The support I've received on this site has been immeasurable. I've learnt about gratitude and mindfulness and meditation and I've learnt to be open about the problem rather than keeping it a shameful secret. I am winning the battle!

Being free of alcohol is just brilliant. I have never been happier nor as confident. When I'm finally free of bulimia (and that is when and not if ) there'll be no stopping me And I'm 54. I'm guessing that you're far younger than that, so you have even more to gain.

There is a new life out there, I promise you and you've come to a great place for support xx
Old 09-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Claire!!

You'll find loads of support and advice here on SR!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, Claire.

What's going on with you today?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. We also have an 'eating disorders' forum. It's near the bottom of the main index page. Give it a look.

I'm glad you joined us. I know you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Claire welcome to the forum
Old 09-23-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Claire

Welcome to SR
Old 09-23-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR
Old 09-23-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome! You will find a lot of friendly support here. :-)
Old 09-23-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Clare

Sometimes just talking with people who understand helps. You'll find a lot of that here

D
Old 09-23-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Claire and welcome to SR. The people here are wonderful. Glad you found SR.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Family!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Oh, Claire. I hear you and I feel for you Bulimia and alcohol blighted my life for decades. After a frightening drink-induced accident, I decided to give up drinking. That was nearly 20 months ago. I found it much easier than I ever thought it would be. The physical benefits were so motivating they propelled me on. But the psychological benefits were the most significant. I discovered I had self esteem! I started to like myself and be proud of what I'd achieved.

The bulimia remained a problem, but I started to believe that I could overcome it. It has been far more difficult than the alcohol, but I am slowly but surely making headway. The support I've received on this site has been immeasurable. I've learnt about gratitude and mindfulness and meditation and I've learnt to be open about the problem rather than keeping it a shameful secret. I am winning the battle!

Being free of alcohol is just brilliant. I have never been happier nor as confident. When I'm finally free of bulimia (and that is when and not if ) there'll be no stopping me And I'm 54. I'm guessing that you're far younger than that, so you have even more to gain.

There is a new life out there, I promise you and you've come to a great place for support xx
I second the motion that the eating disorder is the harder of the two. In fact, I second all this above. Absolutely.

My goal is to battle one demon at a time; right now, I'm addressing alcohol. Once I have some sobriety under my belt, I'll give it a go with my EDs, smoking, caffeine consumption, etc etc and the kitchen sink.

Btw, it IS possible to recover from anorexia/bulimia. I had three years solid recovery under my belt before I let my guard down, stopped doing maintenance work (because "I feel fine! I am fine! I'm normal!") ... six months later I relapsed.

But have hope, girlie. You're definitely not alone!!! Hugs.