Notices

day 3 without the wine

Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I, too, came here for support. I was a big wine drinker and then recently switched to vodka because my daughter complained that I smelled like wine. I heard that vodka doesn't smell on your breath---don't know if that's true. She hasn't said anything so far. She is 10.

I have tried to quit many many many times. I didn't drink yesterday and haven't had a drink yet today. Normally this is my time of day to analyze my supply to see if I have enough to make it through the night. Ugh. I poured out the vodka yesterday morning and am trying to stay "cool" and not run to the store in a mad panic. I know that is the alcohol withdrawal talking.

Anyway, you aren't alone.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 3 - excellent! I'm on day 2 - trying to stay focused. Its getting towards the end of my work day, so I'm already thinking about wine....one minute at a time for me! Kepp up the good work!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks bottleblond, I understand that feeling, 'have I got enough wine left to last the rest of the evening? ' such a control over people who don't even realise it! Very frightening really, anyway I am heading into day 4 and I am very pleased with myself
Old 09-23-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. I can relate to trying to quit more than once; this time, I'm on Day 6 without drinking. It is very hard, but I'm told it's worth it. Welcome. :-)
Old 09-23-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bebetter, think about the hangover that comes with it, forget about the wine you will only hate yourself tomorrow. Be strong xx
Old 09-23-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know - after the hangover I had this weekend - I know I don't want to drink. I have nothing in the house and I am not stopping to buy anything. Thanks for the support!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Unwasted by Sacha Scoblic is good too.