Notices

Delirium Tremen

Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Go to the doctor just in case, but I still get exactly what you're talking about, like being in a half asleep state and it's like your hallucinating. I get it when I'm very tired and can't quite drift off, usually when I've been woken up and am going back to sleep. It can be pretty intense and haven't a clue what it's about, but I've experienced it since childhood. Like really intense half awake dreams.

Might not be, but it could just be that. If it is and you want to stop it regulating sleep will sort it out.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yay! Me? I took a lot of supplements before and after quitting and ate everything the first coupla weeks and had almost zero withdrawal symptoms (I drank a lot). My research showed most PAWS symptoms to be caused by lack of key nutrients not being absorbed or replaced by alcohol. There is no way to know if my symptoms would have been worse but I tend to believe it helped to force-feed the water-soluble vits. and mins. (especially B1, B12 and Folate) to aid the body. I did have very lucid dreaming and awoke often the first 2 nights but I was only sleeping 4 hrs. max while drinking so not too bad for me. Congrats on staying the course!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zanabanana View Post

With that being said, I did go to the doctor
Oh sorry, I said to go to the doctor and you've already been. Note to self: read entire thread before responding =)
Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomasthetank View Post
Go to the doctor just in case, but I still get exactly what you're talking about, like being in a half asleep state and it's like your hallucinating. I get it when I'm very tired and can't quite drift off, usually when I've been woken up and am going back to sleep. It can be pretty intense and haven't a clue what it's about, but I've experienced it since childhood. Like really intense half awake dreams.
What you describe is called isolated sleep paralysis, and I agree that this sounds like what the OP is experiencing.