Notices

Cocaine for weight loss.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cocaine for weight loss.

I know. Please don't beat me up too bad...
This is probably not the best place to post this(or maybe it is)

Anyway I quit drinking about 70 days ago(wow that actually went by fairly quick. I had quit keeping track) It's been great, but I thought I would lose some weight. Turns out I gained about 20 pounds.
The anxiety I used to experience was gone, which had me feeling horrible most of the time. Truthfully I didn't even know it was such severe anxiety. I just assumed I had some sort of chronic disease(acid reflux, high BP, ect.)
But it turns out a lot of that went away now that I don't drink.

Anyways I'm now about 50 lbs over what I consider my ideal weight.(not a terrible amount of weight as I am 6'4", but enough to make me self conscious and feel the psychical effects of being over weight.(bloated, no energy, ect.)
I remember when I used to drink, I had tried coke a few times. I was never a fan of it, mainly because uppers make me anxious and I also know it is highly addictive and has a mean comedown.
Recently a person I know approached me about buying some cocaine. It's actually tempting me because I'm working seven days a week on ten hour days. I'm becoming very tired and it is easy to lose control and eat lots of junk when working these hours. I'm also having a hard time getting the energy to make it to the gym.

I've seriously thinking about buying some and just using a tiny amount throughout the day to get my energy up, suppress appetite and speed up my metabolism.
That's it I guess. I just wanted to put that out there and write what I was thinking. No questions really.
Perhaps someone can remind me why this isn't a good idea.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by NightmaresOnWax View Post
Perhaps someone can remind me why this isn't a good idea.
Okay, not a good idea. In fact, only someone with an addict mentality would jump on the idea of a highly addictive and illegal drug as a way to lose weight instead of say, dieting and exercise.

Put on your sneakers and do a couple laps around the block.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have an addiction problem. Alcohol is addictive to some folks (myself included).

I've never tried it but from all accounts cocaine is highly addictive as well.

If you start you may have problems stopping.

If it was me I wouldn't take the risk. Stopping one addiction only to have another take hold would spiral me back to hell.

No Thank you.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

NightmaresOnWax, not a good idea, please don't do it, rootin for ya.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're fixing one problem, don't add another to your list.

Have an alcohol and drug-free day
Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No. Just no. You would be taking a terrible problem (at least alcohol is legal) and replacing it with a problem that is potentially even worse, AND illegal.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Umm. As a good friend used to say to me long ago, are you insane?! I understand why the thought is flitting in your head, but seriously, why trade one addiction for another?

My husband is an alcoholic and cocaine addict but primarily cocaine. A year ago he started drinking, telling me that he could drink, he just couldn't use cocaine. Well, that led to using cocaine in short order, him getting fired from two jobs, going missing for days and hours on end, me temporarily kicking him out of the house and a huge hole in our bank account from which We are still working out of. I think your alcoholic voice is screaming that cocaine is ok, just to get you to start drinking again.

Start small in little increments to exercise. It is hard but it is harder to quit drinking. Take a walk around the block every hour if you can. Take the stairs if you can. If you drive, park the farthest from the door at work. Trading one thing for another isn't any good and I think you know that. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted here with the comment "don't beat me up.". You can do it. I hit lulls around seventy days in. That is a great accomplishment. You are still new and adjusting. Go easy on yourself.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would suggest a big ole NO on that. Someone with an addictive personality shouldn't use cocaine asa source of weight mgmt...that's a scary route to take. I can tell you, if you start that habit, you'll have way more problems than some extra weight.
Don't do it
eat right, move more...you don't want a nasty coke habit after quitting drinking. Those hangovers will feel much worse in time. Trust me.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One would think that the "Coke Diet" would be all over the net if it were a viable alternative to exercise, eating right. Of course a drive down crack alley could provide an argument for this method as most users are svelte indeed. I've put on some extra weight also at 100 days and just reading this post makes me want to dust off the treadmill. Cocaine has no medicinal value!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've seriously thinking about buying some and just using a tiny amount throughout the day to get my energy up, suppress appetite and speed up my metabolism.
it'll start like this. It won't end with a "tiny bit"...I'd bet my life on it.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive been clean from cocaine for 3 years.....

you must know there are energy drinks out there how could you possibly entertain the idea of cocaine ?

there are energy drinks there is high strenght coffee

why oh why would you say cocaine when your recently sober

hope this helps cocaine is one of the most dangerous destructive drugs i was addicted to cocaine and alcohol go hand in hand for me... get this idea out of your head asap i say this as i care and know and plus you really dont want to go down the rabbit hole while trying to climb out of another

good luck
Old 09-21-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know. Please don't beat me up too bad...
N.O.W.,

There are no shortcuts, only unintended consequences, when we try to get what we want without giving up anything in return.

You know that cocaine is addictive. Though it may not have had that much pull previously, at this time your addictive side has no other release. The number of folks who tried some alternative to their DOC with dubious justification (and this is certainly the case for you IMO) and who have ended in free fall are so common in cliché in recovery. You are not different, you are not unique, and you are begging for trouble if you go down this road.

I suspect you know this given the way worded your post. Also, since you are in recovery, what circumstances put you in contact with someone who would offer cocaine? That's something you should examine as well.

Good luck.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You're kidding, right?
Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
You're kidding, right?
my thoughts exactly....

but in the off chance you're not..... DON'T DO THIS. IT IS A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE IDEA.

"Just doing a little bit" of coke is not really a thing.....

I know this because I "just did a little bit" of coke.

For like three years...... it was terrible.... and I drank more than ever because of it. I'm amazed I survived. Probably took several years off my life.

DONT
Old 09-21-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

"It's actually tempting me because I'm working seven days a week on ten hour days. I'm becoming very tired and it is easy to lose control and eat lots of junk when working these hours. "

Why are you working so hard? Your work schedule is way, way over the top. Try taking care of yourself a bit more, won't you?
Old 09-21-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lol man I don't see how you rationalized that in your head. I used to do coke then drink 20 or so beers on top of that. They make the addiction to both worse. Those two are a scary combination.

Also, please understand the body needs whole satisfying calories. Just because you would lose weight while on that junk, doesn't mean you're getting healthy by any stretch of imagination.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
LOL!

So far it was just a thought. It was just kind of tempting considering how exhausted I've been, plus I've been gaining weight like crazy in spite of working out when I can and trying to eat healthy.
I certainly is nice to hear everyone illustrate how stupid it is to even be considering it.
I guess after being sober for a while you can forget how prone you are to becoming addicted to things.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
"It's actually tempting me because I'm working seven days a week on ten hour days. I'm becoming very tired and it is easy to lose control and eat lots of junk when working these hours. "

Why are you working so hard? Your work schedule is way, way over the top. Try taking care of yourself a bit more, won't you?
It's the nature of the business I am in (trade show)

I either work those hours or find a new job. Everything is sold last minute and on a tight deadline. The schedule is temporary, but it will go on like this for the next 5-6 weeks before it get's normal again.
I have no education or even a high school diploma, but I am able to make 60+ grand a year at this job that I have been doing since I was 18. At times I question whether or not it is worth and and I think about finding something else...but realistically I'm going to be making 10+/- an hour anywhere else I go.

You know what they say "should have stayed in school"
Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
EndGame

Yes! Excellent idea! Cocaine is great for weight loss!

It also contributes to job loss, self-respect loss, money loss, home loss, family loss and the loss of significant amounts of time that you can never get back.

Though it rarely leads directly to loss of life, you may prefer death rather than living what's left of your skinny life.

When was the last time you recommended drinking lots of bourbon to an addicted friend for quick weight gain? Or just to relax?

You want more energy? Do it the old-fashioned way: Whip your body into shape instead of ingesting poison that destroys your heart and other internal organs. After a time, you'll realize that the more you do, the more you can do.