Notices

Cocaine for weight loss.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

um ... just no ... really bad idea (in my opinion)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Wow! A "tiny" amount of cocaine just for weight loss! Just a "tiny" amount! No more than that... No more than that....! Wow! And I say "Wow!" again. Not a "tiny" Wow! A very big Wow! Why not reconsider and maybe take another look at movies like "I'll cry tomorrow", "The Man With the Golden Arm", "When a Man Loves a Woman". Oldies but isn't all of this an old, old story?

W.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

This is an awful idea. You understand there are people here looking for help with coke addictions correct? This will lead to another addiction. Don't fall for it.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

that reminds me of that Community joke of a guy living underground who had a supply of food & water, toilet paper and cocaine for 50 years, only the coke lasted for 10 years lol
Old 09-21-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
You're kidding, right?
Glad I don't have to say it.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

We tend to look for shortcuts in everything - magic diet pills, magic stress cure... If you're exhausted, the best thing you can do for your mind and body is rest. If you're overweight and stressed, you have to work out a healthy diet and exercise balance. Any way you look at it, you have to make some healthy lifestyle changes. There are no shortcuts.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Experience?

I personally had a horrible experience with coke when I tried it out of curiosity. Utter hell of paranoia that seemed to last forever. Never went close to it again except seeing the consequences when others used it. One of my ex-boyfriends can be an example: he died of coke overdose. He did not have much experience with it at all. Many people die from it directly or suffer horrible consequences of their addiction to it. It's one of the most addictive illicit drugs for many people, and it's quite common that people doing coke also use other substances, even mixed with it.

If healthy eating, exercise, and natural relaxation methods don't give you results, I would recommend a doctor visit. There can be many physiological causes behind being overweight and lethargic, and many are treatable. Not with cocaine!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Look at your life as one thing, singular. Recovery is about improving your life. Though sobriety we have an opportunity to be healthier, mind and body. Through consistent exercise you will be uplifting your entire life, in-terms of energy, how you feel about yourself, and feeling content with your body. It takes some time to get into the schedule and experience the results.

One of the greatest things about alcohol sobriey is that you are freeing your life up for health. The opportunity of a healthy life. Some just quit without introducing healthy changes. I think this may contribute to the dry-drunk syndrome. Or just not seeing the long-term benefits of alcohol sobriety. For me, when I quit, I kicked exercise in full gear and it has been so amazingly easy (combined with the fact that I destroyed my option to drink).

It sounds like you want to lose weight to look good. Be careful with this. Looking great can attract people for the wrong reasons if you dont know how to see past the vanity of "looking good". Looking good should be a by-product of a healthy and structured life. It should be a sign of a healthy life.

Best of luck with your ultimate decision!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I applaud your honesty in your post. That took guts. But I do have to say, like many other posters, that doing "just a little" is never the case with cocaine. Never. And I may have guilt and shame over drinking the way I did for 20 years, but it's nothing compared to the deep sense of pain, shame, and regret I have for using coke (and meth) for about 4-5 years. It didn't make me happier or more functional, it just made me very miserable, anxious, depressed, ashamed, and my self-esteem hit an all time low. Please just keep on working through staying sober. You're doing a great job of that!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I gained weight in the first 2 weeks of stopping alcohol, but I was doing anything I could to keep from wanting to drink. Soon after, though, the crazy eating stopped, along with the lack of the booze calories, and the weight came off. Now, I can focus on eating right (for the first time in my life, practically) and the pounds are coming off like they should. Focus on changing one thing, then another. If you can stop drinking, you can stop anything!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thin doesn't necessarily = healthy

Cake will always be better for you than coke.

Don't do it!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Well, other than being illegal and highly addictive and totally a stepping stone to drinking again, it just isn't healthy. And trust me, I've been heavy my entire life, if there has been a suggestion to do something for WL, I've done it! Right now, I'm trying the proper way... It's slow, it's frustrating, there are weeks I don't even lose, ugh.

But, I also work 10 or 12 hour days, I'm not as sluggish, I am jogging 2 miles a few times a week and 1 hour fitness classes three times a week and I feel strong, I feel more confident and calm. Oh, and I'm sober. This is the best I've ever felt. You can do this too.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Never really knew when it was appropriate to use that particular emoticon...till now.

I'm actually glad you "shared" this bizarre "AV solution"...which is without a doubt..an "AV solution"... well, I could go on and on.

But despite a plethora of reasons as to why this is just stupid..I just want to say I have know a fair number of "overweight" cocaine addicts...one was about 400 lbs. This fellow's "appetites" were voracious in every way.

Get out of your AV and deal with weight loss like it should be done. Reduce your intake and exercise.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Terrible idea to be fair....I work in excess of 80 hours a week and still manage to hit the gym 4 times a week and also train for boxing 2 times a week...Think a little bit more motivation is needed here.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

On a bad idea scale of 1-10 I would say it is about a 12
Old 09-21-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Survey says... NO.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Old 09-21-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

That cat is my absolute favourite thing ever!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Permit me to translate what your AV is saying. It's suggesting that you sell your sobriety, perhaps your soul, for fifty pounds... of lost weight! Faust sold his soul for a return to a youthful life, full of "pleasure", "love", etc. You get only fifty pounds of weight loss and addiction to an illegal substance. The economics of stupidity sure have changed.

W.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Besides it being a bad idea, the truth is that it won't help you lose weight. You will gain it right back when you are not using. I have used coke off and on for twenty years. It's not a good weight loss drug.

There is one thing I will mention, at the risk of disagreeing with members here, there is a new prescription diet medication that is not phentermine based and is not speedy, but it works. It helped me not snack when I stopped drinking, especially at night. I think you should consider making an appointment with a doctor and exploring the new options on the market now. I know most people look down on diet medication, but I think that's only due to the horrible history of them. Things are changing.

Oh, and that little voice telling you to do coke is actively trying to kill you. Dont forget that.