Notices

Vent please advise

Old 09-26-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

In Utah, you could easily go into another part of the house, and drink and the other one wouldn't be the wiser. Here we are on top of each other.

Hobbies - I love to paint but don't have my stuff with me. No room but I did bring a sketch pad, pencils, etc.
we have some hobbies together, like kayaking, but we are together a whole bunch of the time.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sober - I know. I'm picking apart everything. I don't know why though.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I get it; I am a picker, too - like to analyze and solve (not too good at the solving part, though).
Old 09-26-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

This sounds like a good plot now, Pam - I would not question him about it as that might just confuse him and make it more complicated. I would say focus on you and what helps you stay sober.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I am not sure you two can resolve this overnight. Maybe some simple boundaries to start like he can drink two nights out of the week and no work can be done after 9pm or maybe its time to post some more pics of Fuzz to get our minds off of this subject.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

image.jpg

You're right. ZeFuzZ knows it warm all up in her sisters body. Loving it.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I hate to put these kinds of boundaries in place, days to drink. I don't know. It's all too strange for me.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Captain - yes he can stop without any physical withdrawals. How many times he abuses is hard to say. We have been here less than 2 weeks. At least two times a week, I think.

Haennie - yes I did. Maybe he is.

I'm just blown away. It felt like he was sneaking, which is insane in this house. We have never done that. Maybe I'm just on high alert here. I don't know.

I tend to notice how much my sons drink when we get together and at what point, I'd like to tell them they've reached their limit.
I never had a physical with drawl from not drinking. I did on a few occasions have a drink early in the day to take the edge off from the night before.

You know, this should be a great time in your life . Not having to go to work each day.

You ever read this before?

Page 417 from the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” He forgot to mention that I was the chief critic. I was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation. And I was always glad to point it out, because I knew you wanted perfection, just as I did. A.A. and acceptance have taught me that there is a bit of good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best of us; that we are all children of God and we each have a right to be here. When I complain about me or about you, I am complaining about God’s handiwork. I am saying that I know better than God.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Your not alone . I tried getting sober several times but never made it past one week. I am at day 73 now so this is new territory for me. Love the Fuzz and Fuzz's sister - I have two cats and two dogs.