Notices

Off button, On button

Old 09-20-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

A friend of mine would stop drinking as some point because she said she didn't want to be hung over the next day. I always admired but never really understood that.

Instead of thinking about tomorrow my brain was all about "we're having so much fun, let's keep drinking"
Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yesterday was tough. First Sober Friday - AV was at the door pressing the On Button.. "Ding Dong...AV calling". Thankfully didn't answer the door.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Way to go lhtlZ!
Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberComposer View Post
Yea, alcohol off-buttons suck. I tried to control my drinking the last few months and was mostly successful, except for a Friday binge. I eventually quit because it was like trying to tame a wild animal. The fight wasn't worth the plight!! Plus, because of the roughly 18 years of non-controlled drinking and the events that occured.. it was just best to hit off and smash the machine to bits
Exactly the battle that I'm doing right now... except I have 3 binges per week... I would love to take it down to 1 or to just drinking on special occasions... hmmm, I don't know if I'll be able to do it... I might have to smash the machine completely too ?????
Old 09-20-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lhtlZ View Post
Yesterday was tough. First Sober Friday - AV was at the door pressing the On Button.. "Ding Dong...AV calling". Thankfully didn't answer the door.
I answered...
Old 09-20-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh AlexEmk, sorry to hear that! Hey, isn't today an AWESOME day for another day one? You sound like I did, holding on to the hope that you can keep the drink option open for special occasions. Quite frankly, any day can be a special occasion if you want it to be. Here's an idea that worked for me: set a goal and then reassess the situation. For instance, take a 30 day challenge. I had to set a long range goal...I took a one year challenge! Ha! But for me it is a mind game, and I want to win.