Notices

I blew it

Old 09-19-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I blew it

So I was doing great - was sober for 5 1/2 days....then had a rough day and chose to drink to cope. My wallet is lighter, my body is tired and mentally I feel hopeless in regards to staying sober. Its sad too because some of my friends decided not to come out for drinks and go to the gym instead - I envy them and wish I had made the same choice. As soon as I get stressed it seems like the AV goes into overdrive and I can't shut it up until I do what it wants. Anyone have any advice?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged. If you're triggered to drink when stressed, try posting here and asking for help, before taking the first sip. Do you have any other support? Sounds like you've got friends making healthy choices....stick with them
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will try to stick with them when they aren't drinking - the problem is they are drinkers who seem to be able to control it. There will come a time when they too will go out and have a few. Maybe in that situation I will come here and talk to someone before I give in.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Support was key for me in the beginning, I couldn't do it on sheer willpower, posting BEFORE you pick up that first drink may produce different results!!

The reality is life is always going to have stress, we need to figure out new ways of dealing with life without the quick fix of alcohol, we need a new toolbox to deal with things!!