SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Where to start (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345461-where-start.html)

Dorajean 09-19-2014 08:14 AM

Where to start

I married 1 year ago, (8 year relationship)My husband is angry all most all the time , He is grumpy, bossy, controlling and does not see himself that way. I Knew he had problems and I thought if I made life as stress free as possible. Things would get better (life happens) (Stress happens).He throws living room furniture rants raves, talks about killing himself and others. over dropping a tabasco lid on the kitchen floor. I have always thought of myself as a strong person, he calls me spineless , I have hid in a closet afraid of him. He wants me to get canceling....I don't think I need it for me, He will not go. I am just finding out this has been a life time of behavior for him, he also called his ex-wife spineless and scared her for 14 years. Where do I start?

Hobbers 09-19-2014 08:54 AM

Wait- Is he the drinker, or are you?

That might help me/us here know where to start. lol.

Anna 09-19-2014 08:57 AM

This is abuse, plain and simple.

You do not have to live in fear and deal with verbal abuse.

Please get help for yourself:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline | Abuse Defined

SoberLeigh 09-19-2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 4907524)

Yes, exactly what Anna said. Do whatever it takes to protect yourself, Dorajean.

SadieJack 09-19-2014 09:15 AM

Get away from him as soon as you can. He will eventually turn his verbal rage into physical and you cannot help him.Your life is in danger. Don't minimize this! Get out as soon as you can safely do so. Where do you live?

PurpleKnight 09-19-2014 10:14 AM

Abuse is abuse no matter what form it takes, you gotta put YOU first in all of this!!

FreeOwl 09-19-2014 10:37 AM

you start by getting out of that relationship and someplace safe.

sickofthiscrap 09-19-2014 06:11 PM

Abuse, and it will only get worse. They never think they are the one with the problem. Make an exit plan and leave. Don't let him get wise to the fact that you are leaving.

SoberComposer 09-19-2014 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 4907524)

Yes, please help yourself! This is your life, why spend it enabling this behavior by being there, married to him. Get help on an exit plan if you need it. He sounds like a childish cowardly villian who takes your innocent love for his greedy hunger, then spits it back at you.

Be Free!! Best of luck!

Dee74 09-19-2014 06:41 PM

I agree with the majority here - abuse like this is unacceptable - no ifs ands or buts.
Please do get some help.

D

instant 09-19-2014 06:51 PM

Start with the door