Notices

Red spots on arm- freaking out

Old 09-19-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red spots on arm- freaking out

So, I have red spots on my left arm which don't itch and are totally flat. I've heard spots can be a symptom of cirrhosis, so I'm pretty freaked out.

Anyone else had/have this symptom?

Tom
Old 09-19-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there are a zillion reasons you might have red spots..... get to a doctor if they are severe, worsen or don't fade in a few days.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree with FreeOwl, Tom, get it checked out.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I called the free nhs number here and they told me unless I have other symptoms there's no reason to worry, just like freeowl said, there are a zillion reasons I could have spots.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Could be anything Thomas, stick to Sobreity and the body will repair and heal itself!!

It's a fantastic machine!!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I find it interesting that as we sober up - we are quick to diagnose and think the worst when it comes to our health...yet, when in the midst of something that is literally killing us, we don't give a crap.
I'm sure it's nothing tom have you eaten anything different? started a new supplement or vitamin? been outdoors?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
I find it interesting that as we sober up - we are quick to diagnose and think the worst when it comes to our health...yet, when in the midst of something that is literally killing us, we don't give a crap. I'm sure it's nothing tom have you eaten anything different? started a new supplement or vitamin? been outdoors?
Exactly... Never worried during just after... That's what makes it such a trap !

There are a million reasons tom! My foot was swollen for a couple of days and I was freaking out... It stopped. Don't use dr.google!
It will be fine

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-19-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

as much as I think it's awesome we have so much information at our fingertips these days, it can also be detrimental at times.
Dr. Google is an a$$.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This happened to me. Turned out I had pityriasis rosea. It is a virus. Mine went away after a while. But after I found it on my arm it did spread to my chest. I would get it checked out. It didn't have to do with anything related to alcohol.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I've been plagued by health worries since I quit. Just like you said, funny how when I was putting myself at serious risk I didn't worry at all. Now I'm being healthy I'm terrified. Honestly when I got my tests back a few weeks ago and they were fine, I couldn't believe it. I felt like I'd escaped a car wreck without a scratch. Like I can't believe it, and am struggling to accept I'm fine. It's good to know I'm not the only one.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey Thomas,

Are they like little blood spots or more rash-like? I've gotten little red (i call them blood spots) on my hands since I was very young and in perfect health. However, I've been getting them a lot more on my chest and arms lately and it's kind of freaking me out.

They worry me a little, and I'll go to the doctor soon I suppose.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well they were little red pin pricks with a lighter red circle around them. But they red circle has gone and only the pin pricks remain. Maybe some bugs caught me, I'm not sure. But if it was anything serious they surely wouldn't be healing already.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I have something similar which are bites from dog walking in the woods, but see a doctor to be on the safe side. xxx