Notices

Stupid things you have done because of alcohol.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Promises in Big Book AA Alcoholics Anonymous AA Promises. ... We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
Thank you for this timely reminder! So easy to say, seemingly so hard to do.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Worst was getting completely belligerent at my husband's HS reunion, and threatening to jump out of the car when we were on the highway. Then, falling down the stairs @ his parents' house and having a complete meltdown, interspersed with periods of vomiting all over the basement. His alcoholic dad wound up making me a recovery drink the next day so I could get my crap together for dinner that night. This was Christmas Eve 2010.

Another horrible incident was in Vegas when I got so wasted @ a club and made out with what I'm told was 4 to 5 random dudes. Plus, had various bruises all over me and I wasn't sure what happened. Horrifying.

Neither of the above incidents I remember. I was totally blacked out. For a while I've tried to convince myself these were funny, one-off moments that wouldn't happen again. But up till today, I keep getting drunk to the point I don't remember stuff. This means it'd be only a matter of time before I do something equally stupid or worse while being drunk.

I'm really looking forward to NOT having to wonder what I did the night before. Or having to ask for recaps. So embarrassing.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I like this thread so much, I think I'll add to my list Just recently swimming across the Columbia River near Portland, OR. Anyone in the Great Northwest knows that's a no-no. I made it across to Washington AND swam back to Oregon. Like, really? Getting into fights over parking spaces. Lame! Shoplifting compulsively. Yelling at deceased family members, like it was their fault. Drinking mouthwash to tame a hangover. And LOTS of it. And the dumbest thing yet, trying to moderate right before New Years last year after having four months clean and sober. Did it big too. A pint of Smirnoff and go-fast. That did me in until July. No moderation for me!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Gosh the stupidest is hard to pick. I've grabbed my friends boobs, gave a guy I just met at a bar my panties, fell twice that resulted in 2 broken bones, told other peoples secrets, did a karate kick at my dates kid and hit the kid in the nose, kissed guys I never found attractive, made out with a cab driver after knowing him 5 mins, the list goes on and on. Completely embarrassing behavior.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
The stupidest thing I did because of alcohol was to deny I had a problem with alcohol.
Yes a painful lesson I apparently need to learn again and again and again and again.

I'm learning that telling drink screwups doesn't stop my madness. Especially if I see a worse than me story.

We know, quitting is key.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
Yes a painful lesson I apparently need to learn again and again and again and again.

I'm learning that telling drink screwups doesn't stop my madness. Especially if I see a worse than me story.

We know, quitting is key.
I have to remind myself that part of my story is composed with things I have done but that does not define who I am. It is about what alcohol did to me. Where it took me.

I am not that person anymore so it boils down to its simplest form. I am an alcoholic and that was always my problem. That is why I did what I did. That is why I think the way I do.

Acceptance is the key. Once I could accept the why, then I could move on.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

The list is endless - I've had broken bones and stab wounds, crashed cars (I have no license), fights, smashed up houses, cruel and hurtful remarks to loved ones, arrests, sleeping rough, jumping in the sea (I can't really swim), a million embarrassing moments, constant lies and deception, money problems, drug use (which became a problem in itself), ...I'm a pretty sensible person sober, the booze brings out the worst in me. Luckily I've not hurt anyone else other than the odd fight, which is still unacceptable but not the worst that could've happened in certain situations.

I've probably forgot more than I remember and it's not a list I'd like to sit and delve into.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Just curious.. Have any of you males/females done this to your girlfriend/boyfriend (at the time or even present) while being drunk...

You say to her.. I feel like beating the **** out of you!

How about finishing being intimate with her and then calling her a ****** ****, just because she asked you a question while you were trying to sleep?

Better yet, how about getting waken up from a dead sleep by being sexually assaulted by drunk partner.

Or... getting waken up by drunk partner staring at you with an evil look in his eyes holding a pillow up gripping with both hands on each end, as if he was planning to suffocate you to death. Then him laughing it off and turning over to sleep.

Hmmm... How about Pressing your foot on the gas pedale while her foot on the brake, just because she asked you a question and you were annoyed. Not to mention, a brick wall and tree being in front of us.

I can go on and on about the dangerous positions I was in while being with alcoholic ex. Thank god, im still alive due to his alcholic behavior. I hope any women or male reading this who may be in an abusive relationship.... GET OUT while you can. It's not worth it! Don't volunteer your time/life to a person who has an addiction problem. They can care less about you. They are liars, users, cheaters and stealers. They are incapable of having a healthy relationship with anyone. Don't try and help them let them help themselves... Let them be homeless if thats the route they choose... they deserve it.. Just saying.