Notices

Unable to quit codeine, tried but in vain, am sinking

Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Am sinking, can't quit codeine

Unable to quit codeine, tried but in vain, am sinking

Hi!

I am Bobby from ******.**I am a hard core codeine addict since last 18 years. I started when in college. I used to drink, it being expensive,**somebody introduced me to codeine cough syrup.**This was half the price of the hard drink and the kick was the highest. Used to take a bottle of phencydril. Later,**somebody introduced carisoma tablets to be taken with the codeine syrup to get a spectacular intense high. This continued and that to on an increasingly higher suppose. At a time the dose was 4 bottles of the cough syrup wroth 6 carisoma tablets with each bottle. Used to loose my balance and fall over and stammered while high. I am rich,**so money was never an issue.**I got married, had a kid boy,**but the damn thing continued. After many years, my dad arranged my stay at a rehab.**He lied to me and took yup the Centre.**They closed me inside forcibly with another 76 drug addicts. It was a 6.3 months of confinement. They used to beat with bamboo sticks and slapped all the time. They gave brutal punishments like kneeling down for hours, imaginery chair,**lifting a gas cylinder for the whole night. It was the worst place I have ever imagined. They asked me to knead flour for 100 guys.**I literally fainted doing so.

After the 6 months, my dad took me to home. I was clean for a month. Then I got a girl friend who was addicted to codeine syrups. Before sex,**she would take a bottle of the syrup - rexcof and she would become a wild sex machine. Thus again started but without the carisoma tablets. It is 3 years now and I am deep into the same **** but off course with out the carisoma tablets.

Now I need this **** as soon as I get up. Can't perform in my job without this rexcof. If I take rexcof, then I would excel in my job and do wonders.

I am convinced that this would kill me some day but am unable to leave it.

PLEASE HELP ME.**IF I DON'T DRINK THIS **** COUGH SYRUP, I GET DISILLUSIONED AND START CRYING BITTERLY.**GOD WILL BLESS YOU AND YOUR NEAR AND DEAR ONES, PLEASE HELP ME TO QUIT BY ANY MEANS. PLEASE PLEASE. I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES TO QUIT, BUT EVENTUALLY I START TAKING IT AS AM UNABLE TO BEAR THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL PAIN OF THE WITHDRAWALS.

I would pray for you friends, please help me.

I TAKE 3 REXCOF BOTTLES IN 24 HOURS. ONE BOTTLE OF REXCOF INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING...

I am giving this info so that you can help me.

Codeine phosphate 10 mg
chlorpheniramine malate IP 4 mg

The different brands that are available are as follows but the ingredients will be the same

Rexcof
Corex
Epsilon
Ricodex
Phencydril

GOD BLESS YOU
Old 09-18-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been contemplating for 23 days to kick this disease, surfing like crazy. I started sweating
Old 09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bobby - welcome

There are a few other codeine addicts here and in our substance abuse forum.

I think, regardless of the drug, withdrawal is gonna suck. You need to prepare yourself for feeling pretty ordinary for a while.
You can make it through to the other side tho

If you're really worried about withdrawal, why not see a Dr for help?

D
Old 09-18-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello nice to meet you.... good luck

http://holyprotection.files.wordpres...lframed1a1.jpg
Old 09-19-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

There's goiong to be a period of withdrawal no matter what, 18yrs can't be wiped away overnight, but you can get through this and out the otherside!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 09-20-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Could never get past the day 2. I will die I know
Old 09-20-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Soberwolf

The second part of your quote makes so much sense. Always I tried aim right but never with all my might....

Thanks
Old 09-20-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Could never get past the day 2. I will die I know
Do you mean die literally or figuratively Bobby?

I've known many people here who have quit codeine. It's not fun, it's quite hard, but it shouldn't be life threatening either.

Again if you have concerns the Dr really is your best bet

D
Old 09-20-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Bobby welcome. You are in the right place.

A couple of years ago I got off the pain pills oxycodone and even though the withdrawals were really bad, it was worth it. This forum saved my life.

I would post here everyday and listened to people who went through it. You can make it.

One thing that helped me was drinking lots of water to wash out my system and eating bananas.

I wish you the best.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
misanthrope

Hi Bobby,

I was addicted to codeine for a few years i totally understand your issue, codeine makes you feel wonderful when you're stoned on it. I think I took roughly 16-20 Tylenol 1's a day so about 128mg-160mg of codeine over a 24 hour period everyday. I guarantee you will not die. You will feel physical pain, have the sh*ts really bad, and those cravings will end eventually...i think it took me 7-10 days.

It will end my friend. Keep trying.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all, you are God's kids. No relation, no acquaintance, and people from everywhere jump in to support.

A girl out here advised me to go for weed, temporarily.
As weed gives insane appetite, so the diarrhea won't be there as gonna eat a lot
Will that help... I have tapered to only 2 syrup bottles, each after 12 hours. But I wanna be clean for ever.