SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Overwhelmed. Relapse on my mind. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345394-overwhelmed-relapse-my-mind.html)

PurpleKnight 09-18-2014 05:47 PM

SR is in your corner!! Alcohol tends to fix very little in life I find!! :grouphug:

least 09-18-2014 05:56 PM

Stay sober each day as it comes. Don't think about tomorrow except to know how good you'll feel in the morning if you don't drink. :)

Don't feel obliged to make any major life decisions while so early in recovery. Get some more sober time and then see how things look.

Nuudawn 09-18-2014 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 (Post 4906452)
Thanks guys. I made plans to go to my sponsors house in an hour. Gonna do some big book reading. Im not happy about it AT ALL and I still want to drink so badly, but I'm sure I'll be safe. I'm scared though. This is gonna happen again and I'm scared I won't have the strength to get through it. I honestly almost caved today. (So my brain says, well if I'm gonna relapse anyways I might as well do it now. Ugh.)

I hope you were able to vent and process ..and feel better by talking with your sponsor.

Pulling for ya Mrryah. I will be looking for your update friend.

Jupiters 09-19-2014 04:47 AM

Hope your meeting with your sponsor went well M and that you were able to release some of the stress/tension :)
today is a NEW day. AND it's FRIDAY :D

FreeOwl 09-19-2014 04:56 AM

It's going to get easier. It's going to feel better. You're going to be able to get your head around this stuff and communicate it in a way that another person ought to be able to hear it if he cares about you....

you can't control his response, you can't be sure he'll listen or hear or change....

but you can be sure that if you continue on this path, you will grow and you will evolve and you will become the best YOU that you can be.

Hang in there and keep up the focus, you're doing it right.

Jupiters 09-19-2014 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by FreeOwl (Post 4907121)
It's going to get easier. It's going to feel better. You're going to be able to get your head around this stuff and communicate it in a way that another person ought to be able to hear it if he cares about you....

you can't control his response, you can't be sure he'll listen or hear or change....

but you can be sure that if you continue on this path, you will grow and you will evolve and you will become the best YOU that you can be.

Hang in there and keep up the focus, you're doing it right.

great advice and so true.
The growing pains of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't struggle like we do with alcohol. I know the last 4 months of my own relationship have been unlike the previous 14. I'm in counselling dealing with proverbial CRAP. I'm learning, growing, changing all the time. My BF sees it, he notices the subtle differences in my attitude, the way I approach things. But it's work. It isn't easy all the time. And as much as I hope this all works out in the end for us, I also know it will work out for ME, regardless of what happens with US.
I have to make these changes for myself and nobody else.

SoberLeigh 09-20-2014 01:18 PM

I am very late joining this thread. I have been out of the country and am just catching up.

How are you?

SonomaGal 09-20-2014 01:50 PM

Why not ask him for help? Not in a blaming way, but more in a simple I'm feeling overwhelmed way. See what he says when you tell him you are stressed. Avoid the desire to tell him what you think he's doing wrong. Don't react if he doesn't acknowledge his part right away. Just talk about you, and tell him what kind of practical support would help. If you feel charged up just try to remember that if you want him to be kind and sympathetic toward you, make sure you are kind and sympathetic toward him.

Also, a lot of the stress I had in the beginning of sobriety was later very clearly my AV pointing out reasons to drink. It's hard work getting sober so try to cut yourself some slack.

Nuudawn 09-20-2014 02:12 PM

Aww...how you doing Myrrrah. It's been a couple days since we've heard from you.