Notices

Yippee!!!! The Weekender Thread Sept 19-21

Old 09-18-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in. I am heading downtown to office from court. But before I go to office I plan to stroll the farmer's market by City Hall. Will check back here when I'm desk bound.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Can't believe its the weekend already. Time seems to go by faster for me now that I am sober. No big plans this weekend other than hanging out at the beach and renting jet skis. I just hope the bus has room for my cooler, umbrella and chairs.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Weekenders!

I am in. With my boxing gloves and fighting spirit)
Old 09-18-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Hi!!

I'm in. Today I am meeting a friend after works for what would usually be drinks and food...just water and food for me. A bit nervous of how it's going to go...I haven't made a point to say to friends that I'm not drinking yet. I don't know, guess I just don't want to get into it.

I've been ok the last few weeks, but I cannot stay home and watch tv by myself forever.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lola, water and food is what I do. It works really well! No hangovers, ever! You'll always remember what you have done and said. It's pretty nifty.

There are lots of people who will do things with you that don't involve drinks. It's just that you've built a previous life around drinks. There's so much more out there!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

is it too early for this?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
pray for strength

YaY weekend!!

Old 09-18-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Farmer's market was ok. The vendors were all quickly packing their stuff as they have been there since the crack of dawn and it was 2:30. Nothing like feeling rushed instead of searching for the perfect tomato. Which are now not so prevalent given how cool it has been. Still, got some tomatoes. A butternut squash. I like it. Mr. Ruby likes it. Maybe kids will eat it. Only a buck. At least going late means everything is marked down.

I have stuff to do in the office, then I am leaving for home at 4:30. AND I took Tuesday through Friday off next week. So my Monday will be my Friday I will be working on kitchen projects. I made a date with a friend from high school to go looking for counters.

Time to do the one thing I have to get done. Then I am out of here.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wow... That Rose is amazing Altoids!!!

Bimini... cool sculpture!

MM ... just wow....

Soooo good to see you all!!!

Got some of Portland's best designer pizza. Very good to be honest. I am not a fan of anytime people work to hard to make something beloved more than what I love already. In short I don't care for fancy pizza. But I was surprised.

Anyone else like "fancy pizza"? They have a mashed potato, bacon and scallion. Hmmm...

Working from home tomorrow. Yeah... I can do laundry and get paid for it!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

once you start getting away from a tomato base and cheese it starts to become food on bread. Putting mashed potatoes on pizza? It's like a soup sandwich if you ask me.

Well, I ironed 4 sets of scrubs and getting ready to vacuum and finish clean the kitchen.
I need to get my work shirts out of the closet - taking up needed space for 9 months now. Too bad they have the logo on them. They do make nice paint shirts Getting rid of summer clothes and organize closet space. Yep, I am doing laundry AND ironing clothes for the wife.
Must be in some kind of parallel universe or something.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Wow... That Rose is amazing Altoids!!! Bimini... cool sculpture! MM ... just wow.... Soooo good to see you all!!! Got some of Portland's best designer pizza. Very good to be honest. I am not a fan of anytime people work to hard to make something beloved more than what I love already. In short I don't care for fancy pizza. But I was surprised. Anyone else like "fancy pizza"? They have a mashed potato, bacon and scallion. Hmmm... Working from home tomorrow. Yeah... I can do laundry and get paid for it!
Mashed potato? Wow! Any pizza is good pizza
Old 09-18-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oldselfagain View Post
Brain did you camp out overnight to get shotgun like you did for the Tran Siberian Orchestra tix?
Timing is everything. I found a new avatar for you OS.
Now, THAT'S a load of Bacon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
baconface.jpg (39.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Count me in.

I managed to get on the bus before the thread had 5 pages! Yay!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Did I hear bacon???
Attached Images
image.jpg (87.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Timing is everything. I found a new avatar for you OS. Now, THAT'S a load of Bacon!
Hahahahaha! That's a good one. I think I'll stick with my new one for now.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good job OS... they baited you once... Not twice huh? LOL

Patman... Thats down right gross.

Yeah I have heard rave reviews on the mashed tater pie. I would go for a piece but as take out? Not so much.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nons: sounds awesome! Really great to see you getting out there and enjoying the great outdoors. Perfect time of year for it: don't have to deal with summer traffic, nice weather, etc. Fist bump to you.

Mex: Great to hear things are getting off the ground. As a tech worker myself I can empathize - but I can also understand the excitement of taking on these new challenges. It's great to hear that you're actually working, solving problems, and succeeding in this new role you've set up for yourself. Rock on man!

Ruby: Glad to hear someone is out and about. I feel the same about farmer's markets - I always have to go at 3pm after work in GUA, and sometimes I have to scamper to grab some bananas before the vendors pack up. Farmers Markets in-a-rush are not as good as those you can take your time and stroll through. Maybe hit up a weekend market on Saturday? There are lots in town!

Weas: As a gluten-free guy (most of the time), I don't get to eat much pizza these days. Being a Chicago guy we have our own thoughts about pizza and they tend to differ from everyone else's. Your pizza sounds good though, not sure about potatoes on my 'za but I'd try it!

Patman: Yikes. I think that's what I looked like during my drinking days!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!! Count me in!!

This week sees my 4th wedding attendance of the year, there's a point when they start to feel like a chore, but hopefully I'll get more geared up for it come Saturday afternoon, one thing I know for sure is Sober weddings are the new way forward, no hangover, no worrying about rounds, hang out with all the non drinkers which always leads to some great conversation, and drive home at the end of the night having spent less than half of what I used to spend when drinking.

Plenty of sport too this weekend as always, soccer, ice hockey and tonight sees NFL week 3 kick off, my fantasy team is in ruins already, so many players not performing and it's stressing me out lol!!

Anyways enjoy whatever you're up to and most importantly let'a keep it Sober!!
Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

So far, had a job interview, visited with my folks and helped around their house a bit, working a golf tournament tomorrow, and another Monday. NOthing Saturday and Sunday for the first time in a few.

Yippee! is right!

Old 09-18-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

South End Of A Horse Facing North

Yo Trach ~

Great Minds think alike, and so do you and I! See Post #20. I post Links so that the Video comes up in Full Screen with all Controls. Old School, and likely irrelevant. Hee hee...

This is another Pic from N.W. of Gunnison Colorado a few weeks ago. This County Road goes through a Private Ranch for a few miles. More very old, amazing Formations. Decades ago, a Family by us owned ~35,000 Acres. Now, they're 'down' to ~5,000 Acres. Life is large out here.

Don't be like the Pony Posterior I used to be like, Boyz & Girls. It's official. It's hip to be square...

Music Video Link

'Hip To Be Square' ~ Huey Lewis & The News

-----
Attached Images
Horse's Bunz_750.jpg (61.3 KB, 58 views)