SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today I..............(audience participation required) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345313-today-i-audience-participation-required.html)

JasonNorth 09-17-2014 02:23 PM

Today I..............(audience participation required)

This is supposed to be an inspirational thread that list things SR members have done today that they perhaps wouldn't have, had they been drinking.

You can use a bit of discretion for something you did today or earlier in the week if you can't think. & it really doesn't have to be anything world changing. small things we take for granted are just as important.

Today I.....had time in the evening to water all my terrace plants & plant 50 tulip bulbs for spring. :tyou

flossyfressia 09-17-2014 02:31 PM

Today I......said "no" to a drink my other half offered me. He did this last time I stopped drinking and it took him a week or so to catch on that I'll keep saying no!

ghostdad 09-17-2014 02:32 PM

Got my kids off to school this morning on time and made it to work on time.

sthlondonab 09-17-2014 02:38 PM

Got up at 5.45 for a 7.30am AA meeting. 5.45!!!

Walked along the Thames from work to Waterloo at 8pm and enjoyed my first sober view of London's dusk / night-time skyline for a long long time.

Findingtheway 09-17-2014 02:55 PM

Today to the office i...wore a brand new royal blue dress shirt and grey tie. And received compliments from several folks that I looked dressed for success today! :thanks

livingnow 09-17-2014 02:56 PM

Today I "thought" about stopping at the store for a 12 pack BUT Drove right by it!

Jupiters 09-17-2014 03:00 PM

Today - I walked both ways into work. Unheard of if I was drinking...my lazy, hungover arse woulda cabbed, spending money I don't have.
I also bought a new, heavier kettlebell. $20 well spent :D

Zencat 09-17-2014 03:20 PM

Today I...

...assembled a running HO slot car, went thrift store shopping, found some plastic model enamel paint on the cheap. Doing that stuff is a natural high for me now days.

Drunk and pilled today, I'd be all over the place getting nothing done and acting stupid.

SobrioVida 09-17-2014 03:22 PM

Today I.... celebrated Day 10 with a green smoothie and a 10km run.

Alynn 09-17-2014 03:25 PM

I'm enjoying the little things again.. Cooling temps, changing colors in the trees, organized pantry, read my bible...

I can do all things through he who strengthens me

Leeloo 09-17-2014 03:30 PM

Today I... got up early to pick up friends at the train station and take them on a little tour around town before going to work.

roguedreams 09-17-2014 03:32 PM

Today I ... haven't had a drink. That's about it. :(

least 09-17-2014 03:33 PM

Had cataract surgery. :) Now both eyes have a nice new artificial lens. I never would have bothered to make the appt had I been still drinking. :) I would have just put up with the decreasing vision. Complained about it, of course, but would have done nothing to fix it. :(

oldsoul1122 09-17-2014 03:37 PM

Today I bought a ticket for the local playhouse...Tom Sawyer. I would have never been interested, have money, or committed to that before.

Soberwolf 09-17-2014 03:39 PM

woke up nice and early done a massive grocery shop/household items shop

tidied the entire house polished furniture hoovering cleaning bathroom/bedroom/kitchen

rang to find out about my course have to ring again tomorrow

looked for work

prepared dinner (today it was chip shop chicken curry with nann breads and poppadoms from local indian takeaway) you brown the chicken and then add the sauce (sainsburys to my uk folk)

i washed up and was on tea making duties

walked the dog for 3rd and final walk of the day

done a light workout

and a bit of sr

Anna 09-17-2014 03:45 PM

Today, I walked 3 miles in the warm sunshine, under a clear blue sky.

It was awesome!

ForgetfulKevin 09-17-2014 03:56 PM

Today I got up half an hour earlier than usual to catch an earlier bus for work.

leah333 09-17-2014 04:00 PM

Today I prepared a great dinner because I wasn't drunk off my arse and unable to follow a recipe

Daretodream 09-17-2014 05:27 PM

Today I got up early and went to my Vinyasa yoga class and then walked/ran 2 miles on the treadmill.

drunkenhermit 09-17-2014 06:03 PM

Today, I worked for myself and earned some money instead of wasting a day hungover and watching stupid YouTube videos.

24hrsAday 09-17-2014 06:18 PM

Today i woke up rested and feeling good.. i felt good the whole day. even when i went to work! :lmao

Elodie 09-17-2014 06:51 PM

Today (tonight, actually) I went to a work function and talked up close to my bosses and clients without worrying if I reek of alcohol or popping mints and gum in my mouth all evening.

happyandfree 09-17-2014 06:57 PM

Today I.....Woke up early, feeling good, and walked my dogs for an hour and a half on beautiful wilderness trails. Today I.... I am filled with gratitude, happiness, and joy.

pakman 09-17-2014 07:29 PM

Today, I fretted about blowing my diet because of after work dinner with out of town colleagues for work. Old me would've made an excuse to get out of that dinner so I could get hammered and either eat a ridiculous amount of food or skip dinner entirely.

By the way calorie counting has become my new obsession during the 30 days of sobriety do far and I've lost 13 pounds.

SnowDawg 09-17-2014 08:47 PM

Held conversations with strangers not worrying about smelling of booze.
After work walked to the Malt Shop for an extra-large 1,500 calorie gut-buster :)
I love being sober!

safeandsound 09-17-2014 09:40 PM

didn't have a crushing hangover and all-day headache. Got up at 6 a.m. full of energy. Took time to shave my legs and pick a nice outfit. Didn't feel sick riding the bus (once I had to ask the driver to let me out and threw up on the sidewalk!!). Was able to have a real conversation with my husband past 8 p.m. and remember it.

LeeJane 09-17-2014 10:28 PM

Today I was a useful human being running a serene and well organised life. It felt so good. I feel very blessed.

Hope4Life 09-17-2014 10:43 PM

Today I went to the Gym and did a nice hard workout. Came home a made the best BBQ'd Hamburger I've ever had (1/2 ground round - 1/2 ground italian sausage on naan bread with garlic aioli, sweet hot mustard, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.... YUM!). After lunch I blew my long driveway and the gutters on both sides of the street and filled my yard waste bin. Tonight I went to my AA fellowship for the Men's group meeting and supported a newcomer by buying him 'Living Sober' and giving him my phone number.

Today I HAD AN EXCELLENT DAY!

HeadLump 09-18-2014 03:13 AM

Today I walked passed all the wine and chocolate when food shopping and didn't think twice about it, even though I had a raging sore throat which was crying out to be self-medicated! :)

AlcoholFree66 09-18-2014 03:28 AM

Today I had a productive day at work and felt really good about myself. I also was there to support my daughter this afternoon when she needed me. Both gifts of sobriety.