SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today I..............(audience participation required) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345313-today-i-audience-participation-required.html)

GracieLou 09-18-2014 03:55 AM

Today I took another step towards moving on and letting go. It felt good!

Marcher13 09-18-2014 03:59 AM

Today I fronted up when it was up to me. I didn't do the drama of why me when it was all up to me, I just did it.

The gift of sobriety.

kendrasfriend 09-18-2014 07:10 AM

Today I.... Got up with my daughter's and chilled out watching cartoons and organised their bedroom . about to start my own an make a dinner. Also today I thought about scoring but decided no as my kids mean more than being stoned

MariahGayle 09-18-2014 07:35 AM

Today I didn't wake up filled with anxiety & regret

maverickspoint 09-18-2014 09:10 AM

Took a walk through open fields singing Florence and the Machine songs at the top of my voice.

Leeloo 09-18-2014 10:23 AM

Today I exercised.

Avice 09-18-2014 12:20 PM

Today I...rode my bike to the bank on a route that I've never taken before.
Might not seem like a big deal, but I'm a recovering agoraphobic and being on a street that I don't know can be scary. After two weeks of sobriety, my anxiety level has diminished a LOT.

GracieLou 09-18-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Avice (Post 4905864)
Today I...rode my bike to the bank on a route that I've never taken before.
Might not seem like a big deal, but I'm a recovering agoraphobic and being on a street that I don't know can be scary. After two weeks of sobriety, my anxiety level has diminished a LOT.

I understand this! I was the exact same way. I was terrified to drive anywhere if I didn't know how to get there. I used to do Google street view before I went anywhere, even if it was just a couple miles from home. I was scared to death. I would go back and forth and back and forth on the map, printed it out and was still out of my mind with fear. I would shake the whole way there and if I thought I was lost I would cry and sometimes turn around.

At about 6 months sober my anxiety eased and I started venturing out more and now I know my way around okay. I lived her four years but never went past my comfort zone that included the grocery/liquor store.

Now I can do a quick look at maps, jot a couple things down and off I go!

I am glad your anxiety level has went down. I realized facing that fear has opened up a new world to me, even if I haven't been there yet :)

luvmygirls 09-18-2014 02:27 PM

Today I made brownies for my kids and was sober when they came home from school.

GracieLou 09-19-2014 10:33 AM

I deleted a bunch of old emails. Not sure why I was keeping them to begin with! Moving on a one day and one step at a time.

SnowDawg 09-19-2014 10:45 AM

Well yesterday, but I walked around Seattle and past all the Martini bars and liquor stores. I had this amazing dinner at a Thai restaurant, that I never would've done while bar hopping.

Jupiters 09-19-2014 10:47 AM

heading to the gym after work.
No more heading home after a long week to drink copious amounts of wine. :D
burning calories instead of ingesting them!

N3p3nth3 09-19-2014 10:57 AM

Today I ate a huge bowl of pasta and enjoyed it. I didn't eat pasta for ages cause I figured the alcohol was carbs enough.

versa1977 09-19-2014 11:39 AM

Today I enjoyed a cheeseburger--and NOT TO help with a hangover--just because I was hungry...much more enjoyable this way xoxo

Jupiters 09-19-2014 11:41 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmm cheeseburger. I haven't had a cheeseburger in FOREVER.
me wanty

GracieLou 09-19-2014 11:50 AM

Yesterday was national cheeseburger day, I used it as an excuse to eat a double smothered cheeseburger, not that I really needed an excuse mind you.

DO IT!

Jupiters 09-19-2014 11:58 AM

I WILL.
I AM GOING TO EAT A CHEESEBURGER. :D

(tomorrow, b/c tonight is chicken fajitas!) heehee

how the crap did I miss National Cheeseburger Day? !

KateL 09-19-2014 01:42 PM

I just had a cheeseburger :) Today I looked after my grandchildren and am just about to collapse into an exhausted heap - much better than a drunken one though :) x

Jeremiah2911 09-19-2014 02:30 PM

First of all, I WISH I had done what sthlondonab got to do-LOL! But, I went to the store after work, walked right past the wine section, bought the few things I needed, stood in line behind a lady with a large bottle of wine, paid for my things, got in my car and drove away!!! WooHoo!

jaynie04 09-19-2014 02:36 PM

Had my kitten, PP, neutered. PP is now sans peepee. Also had vet and tech come to help me wrangle another cat from the shelter I have at home (all ferals but now socialized, at least with me). She was injured somehow, and it took 3 of us to get her in a carrier so that they could take her back for surgery. She needed her shots so the vet was scheduled to come here anyways this am. I have had Bonnie Bonnie for 3 years, so it is crazy that she was injured yesterday and these vet angels were here to help me this am.

I now have cats home and convalescing in separate bathrooms while my other cat Stretch is freaking out because Bonnie is his arch nemesis and he can smell her under the door.

sthlondonab 09-19-2014 02:59 PM

Today I wrote a big long e-mail to my mum as we live 200 miles apart. I only see her four times a year, and usually I do half an hour essential then go out and get wasted with old friends. Basically using her place like a stag weekend hotel.

Whilst drinking in my home town I used to go weeks without texting or calling and ignore hers to me. Just a small thing I did instead of being in a pub, and I think it will make her day.

JasonNorth 09-19-2014 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by sthlondonab (Post 4908069)
Today I wrote a big long e-mail to my mum as we live 200 miles apart. I only see her four times a year, and usually I do half an hour essential then go out and get wasted with old friends. Basically using her place like a stag weekend hotel.

Whilst drinking in my home town I used to go weeks without texting or calling and ignore hers to me. Just a small thing I did instead of being in a pub, and I think it will make her day.

That's fantastic, I'm sure she is very proud of you today. Sometimes we take these wonderful women for granted.

Pipping 09-19-2014 06:15 PM

Today I bought 2 pairs of shorts because it's boiling hot where I am. I would never have done this when I was drinking as I was too self conscious about my shape and thought people would laugh at how I looked in shorts. Now I don't care because I realise that I am not the center of the universe and that no one else will notice. I feel free.

esinger 09-19-2014 06:23 PM

Got up two hours before work.

Becky13 09-19-2014 07:19 PM

Today I took my son to a birthday party from 5:30-7 pm. Old me would have really resented not being able to drink my wine until after 7 pm on a Friday. New me didn't even care.

Soberpotamus 09-19-2014 07:40 PM

Today I took good care of my dogs and cats. I bathe the dogs, walk them, do some training sessions, and feed all the animals a healthy diet.

rocketsled5 09-19-2014 08:08 PM

Today, I had a good day at work, thanked someone for helping me, painted and read some SR threads that helped me.

Waterfalls2014 09-19-2014 08:31 PM

Today I went to work and actually got a lot done. I felt good and stood around chatting with co workers instead of running of before someone made eye contact.

Leeloo 09-20-2014 04:50 AM

Today I sent an email that I've been putting off for months.

It was about a holiday I won, so putting it off in the first place made no sense whatsoever. Stupid anxiety.

24hrsAday 09-21-2014 04:32 AM

Today i am present if somebody needs to talk to me.. :ring