SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today I..............(audience participation required) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345313-today-i-audience-participation-required.html)

24hrsAday 09-17-2014 06:18 PM

Today i woke up rested and feeling good.. i felt good the whole day. even when i went to work! :lmao

Elodie 09-17-2014 06:51 PM

Today (tonight, actually) I went to a work function and talked up close to my bosses and clients without worrying if I reek of alcohol or popping mints and gum in my mouth all evening.

happyandfree 09-17-2014 06:57 PM

Today I.....Woke up early, feeling good, and walked my dogs for an hour and a half on beautiful wilderness trails. Today I.... I am filled with gratitude, happiness, and joy.

pakman 09-17-2014 07:29 PM

Today, I fretted about blowing my diet because of after work dinner with out of town colleagues for work. Old me would've made an excuse to get out of that dinner so I could get hammered and either eat a ridiculous amount of food or skip dinner entirely.

By the way calorie counting has become my new obsession during the 30 days of sobriety do far and I've lost 13 pounds.

SnowDawg 09-17-2014 08:47 PM

Held conversations with strangers not worrying about smelling of booze.
After work walked to the Malt Shop for an extra-large 1,500 calorie gut-buster :)
I love being sober!

safeandsound 09-17-2014 09:40 PM

didn't have a crushing hangover and all-day headache. Got up at 6 a.m. full of energy. Took time to shave my legs and pick a nice outfit. Didn't feel sick riding the bus (once I had to ask the driver to let me out and threw up on the sidewalk!!). Was able to have a real conversation with my husband past 8 p.m. and remember it.

LeeJane 09-17-2014 10:28 PM

Today I was a useful human being running a serene and well organised life. It felt so good. I feel very blessed.

Hope4Life 09-17-2014 10:43 PM

Today I went to the Gym and did a nice hard workout. Came home a made the best BBQ'd Hamburger I've ever had (1/2 ground round - 1/2 ground italian sausage on naan bread with garlic aioli, sweet hot mustard, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.... YUM!). After lunch I blew my long driveway and the gutters on both sides of the street and filled my yard waste bin. Tonight I went to my AA fellowship for the Men's group meeting and supported a newcomer by buying him 'Living Sober' and giving him my phone number.

Today I HAD AN EXCELLENT DAY!

HeadLump 09-18-2014 03:13 AM

Today I walked passed all the wine and chocolate when food shopping and didn't think twice about it, even though I had a raging sore throat which was crying out to be self-medicated! :)

AlcoholFree66 09-18-2014 03:28 AM

Today I had a productive day at work and felt really good about myself. I also was there to support my daughter this afternoon when she needed me. Both gifts of sobriety.

GracieLou 09-18-2014 03:55 AM

Today I took another step towards moving on and letting go. It felt good!

Marcher13 09-18-2014 03:59 AM

Today I fronted up when it was up to me. I didn't do the drama of why me when it was all up to me, I just did it.

The gift of sobriety.

kendrasfriend 09-18-2014 07:10 AM

Today I.... Got up with my daughter's and chilled out watching cartoons and organised their bedroom . about to start my own an make a dinner. Also today I thought about scoring but decided no as my kids mean more than being stoned

MariahGayle 09-18-2014 07:35 AM

Today I didn't wake up filled with anxiety & regret

maverickspoint 09-18-2014 09:10 AM

Took a walk through open fields singing Florence and the Machine songs at the top of my voice.

Leeloo 09-18-2014 10:23 AM

Today I exercised.

Avice 09-18-2014 12:20 PM

Today I...rode my bike to the bank on a route that I've never taken before.
Might not seem like a big deal, but I'm a recovering agoraphobic and being on a street that I don't know can be scary. After two weeks of sobriety, my anxiety level has diminished a LOT.

GracieLou 09-18-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Avice (Post 4905864)
Today I...rode my bike to the bank on a route that I've never taken before.
Might not seem like a big deal, but I'm a recovering agoraphobic and being on a street that I don't know can be scary. After two weeks of sobriety, my anxiety level has diminished a LOT.

I understand this! I was the exact same way. I was terrified to drive anywhere if I didn't know how to get there. I used to do Google street view before I went anywhere, even if it was just a couple miles from home. I was scared to death. I would go back and forth and back and forth on the map, printed it out and was still out of my mind with fear. I would shake the whole way there and if I thought I was lost I would cry and sometimes turn around.

At about 6 months sober my anxiety eased and I started venturing out more and now I know my way around okay. I lived her four years but never went past my comfort zone that included the grocery/liquor store.

Now I can do a quick look at maps, jot a couple things down and off I go!

I am glad your anxiety level has went down. I realized facing that fear has opened up a new world to me, even if I haven't been there yet :)

luvmygirls 09-18-2014 02:27 PM

Today I made brownies for my kids and was sober when they came home from school.

GracieLou 09-19-2014 10:33 AM

I deleted a bunch of old emails. Not sure why I was keeping them to begin with! Moving on a one day and one step at a time.