SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345267-hello.html)

Soberwolf 09-17-2014 04:40 AM

Hello

what makes you happy ?

if you could do one thing in your lifetime what would it be ?

countrygirl2014 09-17-2014 05:37 AM

Being in the woods makes me happy and creating my art.
If I could do one thing I would start over at age 11 and never try that drink. Or the many afterwards.

Inchworm 09-17-2014 05:49 AM

I truly love to hike by myself. I love to weave. I love to read. And, all of these are best done sober;)

I've always thought that if I could do life over I would never have taken that trip to Bolivia in my twenties.

SadieJack 09-17-2014 05:49 AM

I would not let other people dictate what I should/should not do. I would trust myself and follow my dreams. I would open my mind and heart to all possibilities instead of being caged by self doubt and fear.

And most importantly...

I would eat more Chocolate Chocolate Chip Haagen Daz without recrimination!

LBrain 09-17-2014 06:21 AM

countrygirl took my answer.
all of the coulda-woulda-shoulda things and opportunities I passed up.

all I want to do now is make the most out of my life, wherever it goes, without having alcohol involved
Que Sera Sera

Cecilia44 09-17-2014 06:49 AM

My pets give me more love than I can ever ask for and that makes me happy. I love to sew and make things and walking outside in the woods makes me happy as well.

If I could redo all the drinking years I would and start over life without so much fear. I would also embrace change. I think that is the one thing I would like to learn to do in my lifetime ... embrace change and led it lead me where it may instead of running away from it.

MidnightBlue 09-17-2014 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by SadieJack (Post 4903315)
I would not let other people dictate what I should/should not do. I would trust myself and follow my dreams. I would open my mind and heart to all possibilities instead of being caged by self doubt and fear.

:You_Rock_

jdooner 09-17-2014 06:56 AM

I used to have regrets and dwell on the shoulda woulda coulda but that kept me stuck in the past. I would not redo anything at all in my life, not one thing. I am happy that I have tripped over all the things that I did. I am content with my drinking and drugging just as much as I am glad I got sick of being sick. Got my bruises and lumps and learned from them. Collectively they have gotten me to this very moment in time that I write you and this is exactly where I want to be...moving forward learning and getting well.

I am doing the one thing, which is living. To take a Nike campaign, Just Do It!

ghostdad 09-17-2014 07:23 AM

Enjoying life like it should be enjoyed alcohol free.

Soberwolf 09-17-2014 07:29 AM

Hi guys i kinda meant now your sober i should have made that clearer

im with jdooner cant change the past i meant now were sober

Soberwolf 09-17-2014 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by jdooner (Post 4903449)
I used to have regrets and dwell on the shoulda woulda coulda but that kept me stuck in the past. I would not redo anything at all in my life, not one thing. I am happy that I have tripped over all the things that I did. I am content with my drinking and drugging just as much as I am glad I got sick of being sick. Got my bruises and lumps and learned from them. Collectively they have gotten me to this very moment in time that I write you and this is exactly where I want to be...moving forward learning and getting well.

I am doing the one thing, which is living. To take a Nike campaign, Just Do It!

Loved this post

Fly N Buy 09-17-2014 07:35 AM

At my early sobriety of less than 4 months my wish would be very simple. Let me never feel the way I do today, each day. May I keep the enthusiasm and the regeneration of my mind, body and spirit that is occurring.

Also, complete the grand slam of marlin fishing - white, stripped black and blue!

peace

airwick 09-17-2014 07:39 AM

If I could do one thing in my life time it would be me finding a way to have my brother walk again.

When he was 18 he got in a diving accident and broke his neck. Not drinking, not smoking....just one of those things. A rock - a shallow depth , a teenage boy thinking he is invincible :(

bunnezjp 09-17-2014 08:01 AM

I will change the world.

If I can become a Sober advocate for those who are still struggling with alcoholism, I will do that.

Bunnez

Aellyce 09-17-2014 08:13 AM

I'm quite satisfied with my life and have done many interesting things and followed my inspirations. I definitely did not like my alcohol addiction, but to be honest, if I did not have it, I would not be where I am now in terms of residence, profession, and as a person. Generally, I don't have much tendency to dwell on the past and I also don't resent my drinking problem now that I am sober - it is what it is. Done with it.

One thing I would want to do in life? It's hard to name just one thing, but I will say staying sober for the rest of my life and getting the most out of it. One more specific thing that I feel strongly now and never earlier in my life is that I would like to get settled down more. I've traveled and moved around so much, following what interested me and usually leaving everything behind after each step... I feel like I'm done with that lifestyle now and would like to focus more on expanding and enjoying the here and now, establish relationships that I won't abandon after a few years, etc.

Dee74 09-17-2014 02:31 PM

I'd love to lose all these aches and pains and gambol around like I was 18 again LOL...apart from that I love my life...I'm happy :)

D

Jeremiah2911 09-17-2014 02:36 PM

One thing...get healthy (physically, spiritually, emotionally) and STAY THAT WAY!

flossyfressia 09-17-2014 02:43 PM

At the moment, 4 days sober, I'm just happy I'm not hungover!

Soberwolf 09-17-2014 07:07 PM

Love this site

MariahGayle 09-17-2014 07:23 PM

Smelling & feeling the first rain after a long hot summer....this is a beautiful thing.

I'd spend one day a week in bed in front of a lighted fireplace with a good book or "something" or in a comfy lawn chair at the rivers edge drinking non alcoholic coconut dacaris in the summer.