Notices

Morning everybody. Just an update on my sober little life.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Just an update on my sober little life.

Hey guys

So I've been sober a while now, long enough I think to finally feel like my body is returning to normal. Like my thinking was cloudy and now that's starting to clear. I still get cravings, but they last, at their most, an hour at a time usually when I'm stressed.

Which brings me to today, I have a test pretty much, teaching circuit training at the gym. It's not that big a deal, they've said they'll help me with anything I do wrong it's just seeing where I'm at but I'm still feeling the pressure.

I've managed not to smoke for 4 days today. I broke on that but quitting that and drinking at the same time was really screwing up my recovery. As I'm not a big smoker, I figured quitting drinking needed to be my first priority.

As for losing weight, I've managed to lose some without trying too hard. I'm pretty active through the day so without the 2000 calories or so I used to consume through beers, It seems I can eat whatever I like. I mean it's only a couple of pounds, but it's in the right direction, and I'll take that as a win.

Feeling less stressed. My relationship has gotten much better since I quit. We're closer, spend more time together, share hobbies more, better sex life, I pull me weight more around the house. You know, all those things you can do when you're not drunk all the time and your hobbies aren't "put something on tv, drink until unconscious".

Today will be a challenge, but it'll all be over by around 3pm, so not long now.

(And no I didn't finish my time off with my former workplace. As they had screwed me with holiday/sick pay by making me technically an independent contractor although I worked 50-60 hours a week. So to hell with them)

Hope everybody is doing well.

Much love

Tom.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Tom,
This is so great to read, I am really happy for you that you are staying sober. Good job with the smoking too. I am trying to quit both as well, but if I have to give into one (and have the choice, meaning I can control myself and not drink) I choose to smoke instead.
Good luck with your test today. I am sure you will do much better than you ever could have had you gone in with a hangover or drunk!
Can you take a bit to read up on some stuff online or in any books you have? My boyfriend is a personal trainer and regularly visits various websites to study up on medical issues related to training. I know there are tons out there.
Best of luck, be sure to check in and let us know how it goes. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welldone tom !!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great stuff Tom!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope today goes well Tom.

D
Old 09-17-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good luck Tom! sounds like things are on the up and up!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How'd it go Tom?
Old 09-18-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey guys, sorry I didn't notice there were more replies on this until just now. It went really well thanks, I got pretty much all positive feedback. I've also been asked to do a weight loss class, because I'm losing weight at the moment myself it's "Lose weight with Tom" so I'll be getting on the scales every week just like the people taking my class, so I get what they're going through.

Thanks for all the support.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You will soon be looking lovely in your lycra Tank! xx
Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing great, Tom!