Notices

Annoyed!

Old 09-18-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
Hi, ended up working over at work so didn't make a meeting! Not happy!
There're lots more where that one came from.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
AA member

We are lucky here buggirl,plenty of meetings in the area.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words! Today I am choosing not to drink and, I am going to go to AA tonight! Scared but need to do this!

Thanks Michael for your loveliness here too ! You have been very supportive of me throughout this!

Love to you all and my fellow Staffies!

Thanks guys, I know with your help, I can do this!
Of course BG, we have all failed more times than we can count. In a way, failing seems like a part of recovery because within failure we can dig up wonderful gems of wisdom! I, and everyone here, will ALWAYS be here for you dear friend :-). Stay strong, you can absolutely do this!!!

Have a wonderful day Buggirl!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Feeling upset as I have drank all weekend too and can't beleive it! Said I wouldn't!

I am back on track as of today and will be at AA no matter what on Thursday. #nervous!
Old 09-21-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I had a similar relapse. After 6 months of sobriety, I went on a vacation & fully intended just to drink while on vacation. Came home, conveniently got involved with a cute alcoholic love & kept it up all summer, building up my "drinking muscles" with alarming skill. Just couldn't stop. Why? Because I am an alcoholic!

I had to break up with the man & start going to meetings daily to break the cycle. Over the hump & on week 6 of sobriety. I miss him. BUT, centering my social life around AA makes all the difference to me. Real people. In my little town. That I am accountable to. They cheered for me at 30 days. They call me. They hug me at meetings. I would be mortified to drink now. Or to be spotted walking into a bar or liquor store.

Change everything! Build a whole community of people around you who care if you make it! I know many folks can stay sober just with SR, but I need the actual humans in my town to know what I'm doing & help me through the changes... Good luck, sister...

And be careful with the vacations. There ain't no stopping an alcoholic just because they cross a border to return home...
Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Feeling upset as I have drank all weekend too and can't beleive it! Said I wouldn't!

I am back on track as of today and will be at AA no matter what on Thursday. #nervous!
Follow your heart and let it go

For me, dabbling always equals jumping in the deep end.. ultimately taking a lot of energy to swim back to the side to pull myself out of the water; then even more energy to keep warm while trying to dry off while the wind is blowing.. having to shiver until completely dry and the wind no longer is cold.

Sort of an out-there metaphor but that's why I know I can't dabble anymore. I'm not sure how long it will take before I would have the energy to pull myself out of that heated-pool again and withstand the chill. You are doing absolutely amazing to pull yourself out now instead of staying for some water polo!

Great Love, Respect, and Support Dear Friend

We Are Truly Here For You

Old 09-23-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I know I can do this!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Thanks guys! I know I can do this!
We know you can too.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Is today day 1 buggirl? OT but my fi is obsessed with dubs-we've got a corrado g60 and have had 3 mk2 golfs over the years xx
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flossyfressia View Post
Is today day 1 buggirl? OT but my fi is obsessed with dubs-we've got a corrado g60 and have had 3 mk2 golfs over the years xx
Hello fellow vee dub fan! It was meant to be day one, but I drank last night. Only 3 pints and a half a glass of wine, but all too much! Gutted!

Today is my new day one! I have a bar of chocolate ready for tonight and some nice peppermint tea! Also my fav soda will be purchased on the way home from work! I am determined, I can do this, just slipped into bad habits !