Notices

Jealousy

Old 09-16-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leah333 View Post
I know volunteering doesn't pay the bills but perhaps you could write for free for a local newspaper or something. Show off your mad skills then maybe they'll hire you based off performance and not whats on your resume. At the very least it's something to put on a resume for future job opportunities (even if said job isn't a writing job).
Genius!

I know I've been looking at volunteer opportunities in my area, but I hadn't thought about exploring writing for free. #derp LOL.

"mad skills" - teehee. I like your phraseology. Thanks, Leah. Hitting the Google books now.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Go get it! Keep us posted!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so liking all these posts and one very big point Roguedreams ... I think you hit the nail on the head and written down and so exposed a way thinking that a lot of us do. Especially me....it so comforting (not for you lol!) knowing that I am not the only one that feels and thinks the way you do and it can be sooo debilitating cant it. I'm like you Alpha I need to genuinly start liking myself ...and as LBrain says accept myself as I am and totally not worry about what anyone else is thinking and just focus on my needs.....then hopefully that will give me a sense of release. Not trying to turn this into "all about me" ! But just so please Rogue that you brought all this up ... has helped me ...and truly wish you all the best in your recovery
Old 09-17-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hey rogue, you got a lot of good input from others, hope you got some sleep last night,
and hopefully you have reset a little bit and are able to take a step back and rethink a few ideas.

btw Tom Petty ROCKED! Great Band. Steve Winwood was amazing too! He still got it.