Notices

Confused

Old 09-16-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

Not really a question here I just need to unload. I don't understand why the non drinking people in my life really don't seem to want to do anything. They didn't know me as a drinker an I've tried hard to reconnect. It's always left with "we need to do this or that" and never any follow thru. They are all so busy with their families and lives it seems as if no one has time.

My drinking friends (that don't have the issues that I do with alcohol) always seem to have time and are ready to hang out or do stuff. With or without alcohol.

I have mended the relationship with my boyfriend but realized Sunday that I would rather be at home than his house. I don't understand why I feel that way. I read a thread that someone posted about being codependent. I wonder if perhaps when I was actively drinking if perhaps I felt he was "safe" because he knows my drinking issues and has his "under control". He's an alcoholic who doesn't realize it and only binges now every few weeks. He drinks beer which doesn't tempt me at all!!! So if he were to drink around me it wouldn't matter.

I'm sure my confusion is part of my brain detoxing but I don't understand things at this time. Guess this is also why one day at a time is a good practice to follow.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry your feeling like this sinderos

youl feel better soon hopefully
Old 09-16-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear you on the friends thing. I've lived in my husbands hometown (2,000) miles away from my my family for the last few years.. He travels for work and I spend 4 or 5 days alone. These people know this but always busy with own families... It sucks...

I can do all things through he who strengthens me