Notices

Can't pull myself together...

Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh MidnightBlue - I feel for you. You sound like you do everything you can to stay fit and healthy e.g. eat well and exercise a lot. I can understand why you are feeling cheated. Congratulations on nearly too months sober. Also, I think you hit the nail on the head "feeling like a sober crap is still way much better than a drunk crap"! Take care.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I meant years not months!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you all lots!

Dee - You are so right, and I am so grateful for all my friend here!

Jennie - Thank you so much for sharing your story. Means a lot to have support from someone who understands.

Captain - I still have a lot of regular plates to crash before I switch to paper ones) I am doing A LOT of exercising, including boxing which is quite stress-fighter. But yesterday I needed something absolutely different. Something that would set my emotions loose without me getting back over my shoulder.

Ok, today is a new day. Still not feeling great but have to find out how to pull myself together.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Midnight...how I wish I knew what to say. Sending you swift positive energy to encourage readily found resolutions to all that is ailing you right now.

I also wanted to say I think the plate blizzard breakage thing was spectacular. I love a good movie quality tension release
Old 09-17-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

P.S. For the newcomers - feeling like a sober crap is still way much better than a drunk crap. Take my word.

Yes. I am sorry you are having a tough time. This too, shall pass.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

MB
2 years coming up is awesome
All this stuff would have sent us right back to hell in a bottle in the 'old days'
You sound far from that today
A little plate smashing
Fantastic!
G
Old 09-17-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on getting so close to 2 years. I am so sorry to read of what you are going through and you are so right, I would be majorly frustrated at hearing what your doctor said.
The plate thing sounded like just what you needed. I have another idea for you though. I imagine you don't have any wine bottles around, but do you have any other glass bottles or jars that you save up for recycling? You can go t the main recycling center and throw them in with as much force as you can muster. The glass crashing against the pile of glass is immensely satisfying and does seem to let off some steam.
Hang in there, we are all here for you.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

(((((Midnight)))) I hope you feel better soon.

I was a thrower/breaker, I get it..LOL Lost many a coffee cup that way. Today I still get the urge but I don't have many cups left.

Walking is a good way to clear the mind. It helps me center my thoughts.

Hang in there. Everything is going to be okay
Old 09-17-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated, MB, but you always manage to put a smile on my face!

One time (as a teenager in the 70s) i was so mad I threw my small transistor radio at the wall, hoping it would smash very satisfyingly.

Unfortunately, only the back cover came off; the inner guts were hanging out, still playing music! As if it were mocking me! I was even more furious, but I had to laugh in spite of myself.

I hope your application for the health care is processed more quicly than you expect.