SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   exodus dilemna (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/345122-exodus-dilemna.html)

ayo 09-15-2014 04:50 PM

exodus dilemna

I am an opiate addict from the northeast USA. Two years ago I moved to a village in Northern Alaska. The decision to relocate was borne out of a desire to completely seperate myself from the drug scene. I have found peace of soul and mental clarity in my new surroundings, however, I've come to understand a drawback to living in such a remote locale is the absence of a fellowship of recovering addicts.

I like people who dare to be different and who aren't afraid to express themselves. Addicts can easily fit that bill, for better or worse. I have certain ideas about recovery that I think need to be challenged so that I can finally meet myself.

And I only like to tell the good news.

Hello and good day to all.

Dee74 09-15-2014 04:53 PM

Welcome to SR ayo :)

D

Soberwolf 09-15-2014 04:55 PM

Hello

courage2 09-15-2014 05:03 PM

Welcome to SR! I hope you'll hang around -- this is a great community with a wide diversity of members and a lot of different ideas on recovery.

trachemys 09-15-2014 05:55 PM

IF we can help from here, we will. Good thing is, this place is 24/7/365. Whenever you need help.

MythOfSisyphus 09-15-2014 07:40 PM

As long as you have internet you have a great community right here in SR! So welcome, ayo! It's great to have you with us.

I greatly envy you the move to AK! I have long dreamt of moving there myself. Perhaps I couldn't live there for my whole life but it would be great for a couple years or so. Camping and hiking is something I live for and I love the outdoors. Alaska is so beautiful! So much great fishing, hunting and hiking up there. The solitude would be nice, too.

PurpleKnight 09-16-2014 03:45 AM

Welcome to the Forum!! :wave:

ayo 09-16-2014 05:49 AM

thank you all

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus (Post 4900936)
As long as you have internet you have a great community right here in SR! So welcome, ayo! It's great to have you with us.

I greatly envy you the move to AK! I have long dreamt of moving there myself. Perhaps I couldn't live there for my whole life but it would be great for a couple years or so. Camping and hiking is something I live for and I love the outdoors. Alaska is so beautiful! So much great fishing, hunting and hiking up there. The solitude would be nice, too.

I think part of why I like living in this part of the country is because it seems like so many people who want to "start a new life" naturally end up migrating here, and it makes for an interesting mix

FeenixxRising 09-16-2014 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by ayo (Post 4900612)
I like people who dare to be different and who aren't afraid to express themselves. Addicts can easily fit that bill, for better or worse.

Ayo, there are many non-addicts who aren't afraid to express themselves. I also like mavericks, but I focus on the sober mavericks. Addicted mavericks tend to shine bright for a short period of time and then burn-out completely. Or they decide to get sober.

Anna 09-16-2014 01:27 PM

Welcome, and it's so good to embrace new places and people.