Notices

Need a good book

Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Cool. I know your into reading. Try reading the link I posted above.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whalebelow2 View Post
Originally Posted by leah333 View Post
Wheresthefun, hi! On the spirituality thing... I dunno. I just feel like I need it. I haven't gone to any AA meetings and no one has really even suggested it to me other than just reading stuff online. I'm just lacking something that I can't put my finger on and that's my best guess
Ever wondered why the strongest alcoholic beverages are called "Spirits"

Coincidence ??

Hmmmmmm

You feel something's missing in your life, can't quite put your finger on it ....

BUT ... alcohol, when you drank it, seemed to allow you to cope with feelings, emotions & life in general. It made your part of the world an OK place.

In my opinion, you are very much on the right track. Seek some more "spirituality" I say

If you feel it is right for you .... who is anyone to say otherwise !!
Just to clarify, I never said spirituality isn't right for anyone, as suggested above.

Additionally, you can take the meaning of "spirit" any way you'd like.

From thefreedictionary.com

spir·it (sprt)
n.
a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
b. Incorporeal consciousness.
2. The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.
3. Spirit The Holy Spirit.
4. A supernatural being, as:
a. An angel or a demon.
b. A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
c. A fairy or sprite.
a. The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
b. The essential nature of a person or group.
6. A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.
a. An inclination or tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
b. A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple's engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
8. spirits A mood or an emotional state: The guests were in high spirits. His sour spirits put a damper on the gathering.
9. A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
10. Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
11. The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: "The spirit of 1776 is not dead" (Thomas Jefferson).
12. The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
13. An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.
14. spirits An alcoholic beverage, especially distilled liquor.

I don't have the answers, leah333, but I do know one does not have to become spiritual (however one would like to define that) to get and stay sober AND live a contented life. Because I am doing just that.

However, I'll stick to my original post and recommend you keep an open mind, learn as much as you can, and take what works for YOU. And, if becoming spiritual works for you, then I am truly happy for you.

But, most importantly, don't drink.