Notices

Relapsed :(

Old 09-14-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lawgirl82
Well I made it through today. No more Day 1's I hope!
Any more details? the first post was kind of vague......

Were you "out on the town" and someone offered it or invited you to come share a drink?

Were you just bored and decided to make a trip to the liquor store?

Was it peer pressure or a "spur the moment" incident? "Social" scenario?

Was it just 1 or 2? Or was it a lot of booze?

A few more details would help us the audience in giving you advice etc.

Be well
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It was a lot of booze. I'd intended to have just "one", next thing you know ...well let's just say it did not end well
Old 09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I sure hate day 1's. I lock myself away from the world and don't leave my couch for fear I will be tempted to go for 'hair of the dog'. I guess there's no point in wallowing in guilt and shame. Your binge is over. That's the important thing.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I personally like to cuss the AV out in my head. I tell it to stfu you're a stupid liar and you want me to fail but you will not win. You are nothing but a low life loser soul stealing piece of $@"! Eff you. Die you awful awful thing. Then I tend to laugh at it and make fun of it. I'm at day 7 so it's worked for me thus far. I will admit I almost gave in tonight but the overwhelming support of SR gave me the strength to just say NOPE not happening
Old 09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up, the important thing is that you're giving it another shot. Plus you are a little wiser this time around, most successful recoveries take a few relapses, you can do it this time!

As the saying goes - Fall down seven times, stand up eight!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hi LG? Before the physical relapse happens, spiritual & mental do. How was your relationship to God till now? What step were you on? @ afternoon mtg today, chairperson said "to keep it green". Almost missed it coz was sleepy having woken up @ 4 for work but sure glad I heard that! Was actually feeling weary last wk until went for service commitment Thur nite & realized how lucky & blessed I am to be sober.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Use this as a learning experience instead of pointless regret. Have a good sit down w/ sponsor, make gratitude list(say it in the morning & before bed everyday) & go to tons of mtgs!!
Best wishes
Old 09-15-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
instant

It wasn't until i stumbled for the umpteenth time beaten and desperate that i hit upon the idea of embracing sobriety rather than "giving up" drinking. It works