SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Want to share this with the romantic at heart. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344953-want-share-romantic-heart.html)

EndGameNYC 09-13-2014 08:12 PM

Want to share this with the romantic at heart.

Tonight, after a relaxing day and evening -- which, for me, meant doing things I enjoy, including spending time with a friend -- I watched the first episode of the final season of Sons of Anarchy.

Throughout the opening scene, they played what I think is a beautiful version of Never My Love by The Association, covered by Audra Mae. For SOA fans, I think part of why I liked it so much was how well it fit in with the segment during which it was played.

So I looked it up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2S9xFQQVdk

Dee74 09-13-2014 08:52 PM

Always liked the song :)

D

EndGameNYC 09-13-2014 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4897441)
Always liked the song :)

D

Yeah, me too.

HeartsAfire 09-13-2014 09:32 PM

Hauntingly beautiful.

Soberwolf 09-14-2014 01:25 AM

She also sang Dylan's forever young just heard that aswell ive never heard of this woman i love her voice

what a voice !!

Nuudawn 09-14-2014 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire (Post 4897484)
Hauntingly beautiful.

Took the words right out of my fingertips Hearts...

"You ask me if there'll come a time that I'll ever grow tired of you"..

Never my Endgame :Val004:

Geez, I really must catch up with SOA. Haven't watched since Jack became Prez.

Aellyce 09-14-2014 07:01 AM

You are such an interesting, complex character, EG! :)

I've never heard this song or any of the artists.

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 4897408)
I think part of why I liked it so much was how well it fit in with the segment during which it was played.

Synchrony, or harmony. Or both.

Hevyn 09-14-2014 07:06 AM

Thanks EndGameNYC - I always loved it too - and was 'around' when it was first a big hit. :wink: Covers usually annoy me - but not this time. :)

EndGameNYC 09-14-2014 08:26 AM

I'm happy to know that people here were moved by Audra Mae's singing, most of whom are my SR friends (not referring to the Facebook-like "Friends List," but people who I truly like and admire). She's previously performed on at least one other episode on SOA, and I've loved her ever since.

I imagine that there's something universal about her singing that touches people in the sweet spot. Yes, "haunting."

Anna 09-14-2014 08:31 AM

I have so many fond and romantic memories of 'Never My Love'. My first boyfriend - it's a great song.

EndGameNYC 09-14-2014 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nuudawn (Post 4897656)
Took the words right out of my fingertips Hearts...

"You ask me if there'll come a time that I'll ever grow tired of you"..

Never my Endgame :Val004:

Geez, I really must catch up with SOA. Haven't watched since Jack became Prez.

Aaaah...Young love. Nothing like it.

It took me awhile to warm up to SOA, but I'm glad I stuck with it. So many bizarre twists and turns.

EndGameNYC 09-14-2014 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 4897615)
She also sang Dylan's forever young just heard that aswell ive never heard of this woman i love her voice

what a voice !!

Forever Young - Audra Mae & The Forest Rangers HD (Sons of Anarchy) - YouTube

Yeah, and if you follow the show, the writers/directors/editors do an excellent job of placing the music in the scenes they choose to do so.

In the case of "Never My Love," the song stood in stark contrast to what was going on in the scene. A divided heart.

Aellyce 09-14-2014 09:17 AM

Hmm now you got me interested in this show. I've always been very interested in how and why things fit together, and why we perceive harmonious combinations attractive. What you said about "contrast" - that also, we often (and some people more than others) are drawn to opposites, contrast, or dissonance (although I would not say they are the same thing).

How are we drawn to certain songs - what do we sense in them automatically and unconsciously - I think it has a lot of similarities with how we are interested in certain people, what we sense and perceive naturally.

How the components fit into a whole, the relationship between the elements, how we perceive them as a "big picture" or unity. The connections. Why are we interested in discussing human relationships often even without being directly involved in them?

There are definitely universal patterns and truths behind all these things in art, in human nature, in nature in general, in the cosmos. Ah, I could go on about this topic forever but I'm not expressing it well just out of the blue now even though there is hardly a day when I don't think about some forms of all this or just discover a new manifestation of it.

Thanks, EG :)

Nuudawn 09-14-2014 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 4898128)
Aaaah...Young love. Nothing like it.

It took me awhile to warm up to SOA, but I'm glad I stuck with it. So many bizarre twists and turns.

Yes I was completely "hooked" on it awhile ..and only months ago. It seems my interest curtailed round the same time I sobered up and a relationship ended (as we watched it together on "Netflix"..late to start with it).

I do hope to pick it up again. I suspect it will as summer is drawing to a close as well which is not a big tv/vid time for me. I understand this is the last season so I best get on it before the "spoilers" start to arise.