Notices

My worst enemy is me

Old 09-11-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My worst enemy is me

A good friend ( soberwolf) asked me if I was doing ok today on here and I realized I get on myself too much. I am certain after reading so many stories lots of us addicts do.

Well tonight I just wanted to tell my dear friend Soberwolf, I am hanging in there guy, I get a little melodramatic and get lost in my problems, but know that I am battling alcoholism and my cigarette addiction like a boss. I am doing this, and hating life at times, but surviving my friend.

I try not to get down on myself but I do often, I suppose that is one of the bad part of addiction.

Everyone, get some sober friends that care when you quit, or if you have quit. these kind messages like the one I got from my dear friend mean the world to me, it makes staying sober easier. I wouldn't normally share this, but I know soberwolf wouldn't mind, he is awesome.

Good day folks, and please be safe and sober, love you all
Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you've been doing really well TDG.
Remember to count your successes as well as the things you think you can do better on

D
Old 09-11-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The mind usually has difficulty thinking of negative and positive things at the same time. They say if you think of 5 things you are grateful for each day it increases happiness.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee you too are a dear friend, without you in early recovery I would of been lost. I am glad you and Anna are here for us, thank you for your volunteerism, I know you're not paid for this, and caring that much, means so much to me and others on here. Get on with your bad azz self you and Anna are the best along with all the volunteers